The Malik Report

Note to Blackhawks fans: this is not ‘Kronwalling’

Amongst the Chicago Blackhawks fans' trash talking after the Red Wings' Game 4 loss, they suggested that Bryan Bickell "Kronwalled" Niklas Kronwall.

This hit:

1. Does not fit the "Kronwalling" definition as it was a hit from behind;

2. And while I happen to think that the hit was cheap, it's worth noting that Kronwall got up, skated away and shook off the hit. No pouting, no complaining to the referees, no retaliating. He took the hit and dealt with it like a grown-up:

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Bugsy's avatar

I wasn’t able to watch the whole game, but now that I see that, “clean” isn’t what I was thinking.
George, I guess you’re not sleepy?

Posted by Bugsy on 05/26/13 at 01:33 AM ET

George Malik's avatar

I felt better so I had to suck it up.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 05/26/13 at 01:46 AM ET

Bugsy's avatar

I’m working, had my migraine tonight from sleep deprivation, took my med, so I’m sucking it up so to speak, but I think you have it harder than me by a country mile. Kronwall might be having a bigger headache tonight.

Posted by Bugsy on 05/26/13 at 01:50 AM ET

Alan's avatar

I didn’t see any Chicago trash talk. However, that hit is certifiably not a Kronwalling.

I’d like to see Kronwall show the Chicago fans once again exactly what a Kronwalling really is.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 05/26/13 at 01:59 AM ET

George Malik's avatar

It’s there on Twitter and on the Hawks’ message boards.

As for sucking it up, this is my job. Paul is ill so there’s no one to take up the slack, and when I felt better after my 2-hour nap…I had to get up and get with it. It’s the playoffs for me, too, and I’ve gotta provide information if I am at all able to do so.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 05/26/13 at 02:18 AM ET

Bugsy's avatar

Best wishes for Paul. Glad you got your nap. Thanks for doing your job, just don’t want to see you worn down too badly by your job + your body.

Posted by Bugsy on 05/26/13 at 02:22 AM ET

Alan's avatar

It’s there on Twitter and on the Hawks’ message boards.

I understand that, George… but I don’t follow many opposing team fans. I don’t think I have any Hawks fans on follow, nor do they follow me.

I wasn’t calling you a liar or anything. Just saying I didn’t see it, and certainly don’t go looking for what they think.

They’re delusional, though. Which was my point.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 05/26/13 at 02:54 AM ET

YYZerman's avatar

Keep in mind this also the same fans that were chanting “we want the cup”...in the second period…of the fifth game in the series which they were down 3-1…of the second round.

Posted by YYZerman from Detroit, Michigan on 05/26/13 at 08:58 AM ET

SandysWingingit's avatar

Poor little brother… Always trying to emulate number one. First by claiming the puck possession game as theirs. And now with the kronwalling… *sigh*

Posted by SandysWingingit on 05/26/13 at 10:08 AM ET

Didn’t see Bickell leave his feet or turtle, if that’s what you mean.

Posted by larry on 05/27/13 at 12:40 AM ET