The Malik Report

No Charge To Watch The Calder Cup Finals On AHL Live

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League andNeuLion, Inc., announced today that as a thanks to the AHL’s loyal and dedicated fans, video streaming the 2013 Calder Cup Finals will be available at no charge on AHL Live

Using promo code CALDER2013, fans can register and log in at www.ahllive.com and watch all of the action of the 2013 Calder Cup Finals, from the first puck drop until the AHL’s 77th champion is crowned.

The 2013 Calder Cup Finals will begin on Saturday, June 8, at 7 ET, and will pit the Eastern Conference champion Syracuse Crunch against the Western Conference champion Grand Rapids Griffins.

2013 Calder Cup Finals
Game 1 – Sat., June 8 – Grand Rapids at Syracuse, 7:00 ET
Game 2 – Sun., June 9 – Grand Rapids at Syracuse, 6:00 ET
Game 3 – Wed., June 12 – Syracuse at Grand Rapids, 7:00 ET
Game 4 – Fri., June 14 – Syracuse at Grand Rapids, 7:00 ET
*Game 5 – Sat., June 15 – Syracuse at Grand Rapids, 7:00 ET
*Game 6 – Tue., June 18 – Grand Rapids at Syracuse, 7:00 ET
*Game 7 – Thu., June 20 – Grand Rapids at Syracuse, 7:00 ET
   *if necessary

thanks to an Elliotte Friedman tweet for the heads-up

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Rdwings28's avatar

Cool deal

Posted by Rdwings28 on 06/06/13 at 05:57 PM ET

Sunday's avatar

Now how cool is this!  And very shrewd marketing on their part, too.  This ought to result in quite a jump in their subscriptions for next season, too.

Posted by Sunday from somewhere else on 06/06/13 at 06:44 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

That’s great news, thanks Paul.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 06/06/13 at 07:02 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Thank you Paul.

Watching the replay from last night’s game, Nyquist and Tatar making the AHL look like child’s play.

Posted by TreKronor on 06/06/13 at 07:06 PM ET

Cool. But I’m surprised the NHL Network isn’t re-broadcasting this final. They aired CHL games often.

Posted by rjman48 from Royal Oak on 06/06/13 at 07:35 PM ET

klank's avatar

Awesome…  cheers, Paul

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 06/06/13 at 08:06 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

I was at last nights gameand I know the AHL is not the NHL but it was great hockey and the last five minutes was exciting as it gets.good luck to the boys in Syracuseand I can testify to the fact that 4000 people sounded like 10000

Posted by Rdwings28 on 06/06/13 at 08:08 PM ET

Maybe the AHL Commish ought to run the NHL.  Outstanding.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 06/06/13 at 09:40 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

Maybe the AHL Commish ought to run the NHL.  Outstanding.

+19

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 06/06/13 at 11:30 PM ET

cowboycoffee's avatar

EXCELENT!

Posted by cowboycoffee from San Francisco, CA on 06/07/13 at 02:38 AM ET

George Malik's avatar

I want to confirm that you can register WITHOUT giving up any credit card information as well. I had to do the name/address/email thing, but I left the credit card info blank on the registration page, and it took the blank spaces and let me complete the registration process. Don’t worry about any of that.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 06/07/13 at 03:01 AM ET