The Malik Report

NHL.com lists what one cannot bring to the Winter Classic

This is quite the...different...press release from NHL.com:

2014 NHL Winter Classic Prohibited Items

-    Aerosol or spray cans
-    Alcohol or illegal substances
-    Apparel or signage displaying profane or abusive language
-    Audio recording equipment
-    All Bags (including purses)
-    Balloons

-    Banners, flags and flagpoles
-    All Bottles (including all types of water bottles)
-    Brooms, poles or tripods
-    Containers of any kind (including cans, thermoses and open containers)
-    Coolers
-    Fireworks
-    Firearms, knives or other weapons
-    Flasks
-    Food of any kind
-    Laser Pointers
-    Nets
-    Noisemakers
-    Professional cameras/lenses (lenses longer than 6”)
-    Projectile toys (including footballs, Frisbees and beach balls)
-    Seat backs
-    Strollers
-    Video/movie cameras
-    Umbrellas
-    Any other device that are deemed dangerous, inappropriate, interfere with and/or distract the players, fans or telecast of the game.

Changes in national and regional security levels may affect security procedures at Michigan Stadium.  Exceptions for medical reasons will be addressed individually at the gates.  Those needing to bring items of need (i.e. diapers for a baby, medical prescriptions, etc.) are encouraged to carry them into the Stadium in a clear plastic bag.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

redxblack's avatar

Apparel or signage displaying profane or abusive language

There goes my sign directed towards Bettman and the NHL for the last lockout.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 10/15/13 at 10:20 AM ET

Itrusteddrrahmani's avatar

No balloons?? Who the hell brings a balloon to a hockey game.

Posted by Itrusteddrrahmani from Nyc by way of A2 on 10/15/13 at 10:25 AM ET

Primis's avatar

No balloons?? Who the hell brings a balloon to a hockey game.

Posted by Itrusteddrrahmani from Nyc by way of A2 on 10/15/13 at 10:25 AM ET

Toronto fans, so they don’t fall asleep in-between fights.

Posted by Primis on 10/15/13 at 10:37 AM ET

Every phone is a video/audio recording device. When was this written? 1983?

Posted by steviey11 on 10/15/13 at 10:41 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Nothing about Octopi.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 10/15/13 at 10:56 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Nothing about Octopi.

That’d be one hell of a toss.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/15/13 at 11:35 AM ET

LivinLaVidaLockout's avatar

Nothing about Octopi.

That’d be one hell of a toss.

Posted by

Nate A

from Detroit-ish on 10/15/13 at 11:35 AM ET

T-shirt cannon ==> Octopus cannon

Posted by LivinLaVidaLockout on 10/15/13 at 11:57 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

Octopus cannon

I’ve never wanted to change my screen name as much as I do right now.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 10/15/13 at 11:58 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Octopus cannon

Close enough.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/15/13 at 12:12 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

That is one long list. Many of the prohibited items are really stupid. Purses?(although I do not own one) Strollers? No babies allowed? Umbrellas? It just goes on, and on, and on, and on.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/15/13 at 12:34 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

Guess we should all show up naked (that is if we can tickets)!

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 10/15/13 at 01:14 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

Guess we should all show up naked (that is if we can tickets)!

Posted by

Norskirama

from Lincoln, Nebraska on 10/15/13 at 01:14 PM ET

(that is if we can get tickets

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 10/15/13 at 01:16 PM ET

Primis's avatar

The list is no different than the normal list of things prohibited from UM football games IIRC.

There’s a reason I probably won’t ever be attending games or events on this scale (hockey or otherwise).  I personally don’t appreciate spending hundreds of dollars to attend, and then being micromanaged as to what I can and can’t do the entire time and treated like a criminal.

Posted by Primis on 10/15/13 at 01:35 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

Posted by Primis on 10/15/13 at 01:35 PM ET

So true. I have stopped attending live events for pretty much the same reasons. Plus, once inside, they sell most the things that are prohibited at entry at a 1000% mark-up. $5 for a 16 oz. bottle of water when I can buy a case of 32 for $4?! No thanks.

Posted by SnLO from the sub great-white north on 10/15/13 at 02:32 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Well maybe if you’d learn to keep your pants on in public, we wouldn’t have this problem.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 10/15/13 at 02:48 PM ET