The Malik Report

News From The Wings

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

I don’t understand whey DeKeyser isn’t playing tonight.  why wait?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/01/13 at 10:36 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Another tweet from Khan,

Zetterberg said tests on his injured groin (happened in Thursday’s game) showed “something” and he remains day to day.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/01/13 at 10:46 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

He doesn’t know the system.  They wanted him to get a few practices in with the team.  However, I have a sneaking suspicion he’s pretty familiar with the Wings and how they play.  Just Detroit being overly cautious.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/01/13 at 10:48 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Good news, the kid will play this week.
Bad news, Sammy might be available to play this week.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/01/13 at 10:48 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Ugh, hope that’s not the case Paul.  I can’t take many more of those whore-style games.  So infuriating seeing how dominate they can be when all the cylinders are firing, to just come out and shit the bed like that.. and not the first time this season.

With the exception of Datsyuk, as usual.  How do you play and work around that kind of person everyday and not bring it to the ice like he does, everyday?

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/01/13 at 10:50 AM ET

Figaro's avatar

Sammy is up to 51:27 for the season.  Maybe, just maybe, he’ll actually play 60 minutes this season…bu let’s not get our hopes up.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 04/01/13 at 11:25 AM ET

statelouis26's avatar

Hey HTO, I know we normally but heads but I’m curious-what’s your opinion on Quincey?

Posted by statelouis26 from Detroit, MI on 04/01/13 at 11:27 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/01/13 at 11:46 AM ET

That is hideous news, groin injury can and probably will take a couple of weeks to be totally confident it’s okay, and could be much much worse.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/01/13 at 11:32 AM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

And doubtless will kill any hopes of moving Fil

Posted by MoreShoot on 04/01/13 at 11:38 AM ET

let’s not get our hopes up.

My personal hope is that he doesn’t make it to 60 minutes…

Posted by Garth on 04/01/13 at 11:39 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by statelouis26 from Detroit, MI on 04/01/13 at 12:27 PM ET

I think he looks like Jake Owen, the country singer.  It’s uncanny.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/01/13 at 12:24 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Seriously though, I think he’s got a chip on his shoulder.  He seems to only REALLY give at it when he fuchs up and is recovering, but usually it’s some lacsidasle play that got him there to begin with.  Glosses over details.  But he’s got good skill, his head gets in the way of his play though.  You can’t deny his good +/- though, especially on this team.  He’s got good size and has a dirty side that I personally like, I know some dont.  As long as it doesn’t cost the team.  Not career ending dirty, but cheap shot dirty, like Brendan Smith.

I think he’ll be like E.  I hated on E for what we paid him.  I’m eatin’ crow this season cause he’s completely stepped up.  I think Q will do that.

Doesn’t change how infuriated I get on his bone head turnovers.  But when Kronners makes a bone head turnover the next play, it’s like, ehh.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/01/13 at 12:29 PM ET

And doubtless will kill any hopes of moving Fil

Posted by MoreShoot on 04/01/13 at 12:38 PM ET

If Z is out for an extended time the WIngs will struggle to even get into the playoffs, good luck getting anywhere if they do squeak in.  Thus making it an even better move in my mind to get what you can for Fil now.  Keeping Fil around’s not going to make a difference if Z misses a lot of time.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/01/13 at 12:34 PM ET

Keeping Fil around’s not going to make a difference if Z misses a lot of time.

Absolutely agreed.

Fil certainly isn’t a replacement for Zetterberg (much less for Datsyuk when if/when he leaves).

Posted by Garth on 04/01/13 at 12:53 PM ET

Colquhoun's avatar

My hopes are up that he stays stuck at 51:27.

Posted by Colquhoun on 04/01/13 at 04:47 PM ET