The Malik Report

Nashville/Detroit Schedule

PK for GM

image

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

Wings have called up Chris Conner.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/08/12 at 02:29 PM ET

Itrusteddrrahmani's avatar

Wings have called up Chris Conner.

Nice, excited for this to get started… Also excited to see how the whole CNBC thing goes. They aired the Olympic games fairly well though If I recall correctly.

Posted by Itrusteddrrahmani from Nyc by way of A2 on 04/08/12 at 02:35 PM ET

CBC rather than TSN, I’m glad for that.  I wish these games weren’t on opposite Pittsburgh/Philly though, I would’ve liked to be able to take that series in.

Posted by Garth on 04/08/12 at 03:12 PM ET

I’m going to DVR the Ptt/Philly games when they coincide with the Wings’ games. That series should be brutal. This is basically exactly the schedule I figured we’d get, since NBC would want that lame-ass early Sunday game.

Posted by godblender on 04/08/12 at 03:16 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Noon 3rd game. Yep, we always get the crappy time slot.

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 04/08/12 at 03:43 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Wings have called up Chris Conner.

I wonder who he’ll replace. Personally I’m hoping he replaces Emmerton but hes a center. Hmmm….

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 04/08/12 at 04:30 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Yes, we got the noon game, but at least the Wings are the home team in that game.  I absolutely hate that the NBC networks have taken over the entire playoffs.  In previous years, Gamecenter and Center Ice had the first two rounds, so I’d get Ken and Mick.  But I’ll bet all the games will be blocked out on Gamecenter and Center Ice this year, leaving us to puke our way through NBC’s horrible broadcast teams.

I’m honestly considering just listening to Ken and Paul on the radio.  I’ve been told that all the Wings’ playoff games will be on 97.1 FM, 1270 AM, or 950 AM.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/08/12 at 05:18 PM ET

Itrusteddrrahmani's avatar

Posted by MsRedWinger from Michigan, now in Flori-duh on 04/08/12 at 04:18 PM ET

Careful if you’re listening to an online stream of 97.1. It’s slightly delayed so it doesnt coincide with the tv telecast perfectly. It’s like a few seconds off.

Posted by Itrusteddrrahmani from Nyc by way of A2 on 04/08/12 at 09:04 PM ET

detroitdan1982's avatar

I’m going to be in Orlando for the first four games. Is CNBC available on most basic cable packages down there? I’m staying at a hotel and am hoping it is available!

Posted by detroitdan1982 from St. John's, NL on 04/08/12 at 09:20 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

detroitdan1982  I think you can find Cnbc of most of the basic cable package in Florida.?? Can’t promise though. !!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 04/08/12 at 09:51 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Let’s show those copycatfish-throwing, banjo-picking, sibling-loving fools who’s boss.  Again.  LGRW!

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 04/08/12 at 10:21 PM ET

Will any of the games be carried on FSDetroit with Ken and Mick?

Posted by Alex on 04/08/12 at 10:37 PM ET

Got this from DRW official site:

“FOX Sports Detroit (FSD) continues its award-winning production and carriage of Red Wings games by airing a total of 73 regular-season and pre-season contests with 61 games slated for FSD and 13 on FOX Sports Detroit Plus (FS PLUS).  Additionally, FOX Sports Detroit will carry all non-exclusive games in the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs if the Wings advance.”

So, can we expect the FSD coverage? Which games are non-exclusive?

Posted by Alex on 04/08/12 at 10:55 PM ET

Thanks for the updates, Paul! Hope George’s feeling better.

Posted by Jesters Dead on 04/09/12 at 01:14 AM ET

christpuncher's avatar

I’d say games 3 & 4 look exclusive, the rest I would expect on FSD.

Posted by christpuncher from Detroit, MI on 04/09/12 at 08:18 AM ET

Incognetis's avatar

Really reconsidering my (usually automatic) purchase of the GameCenter package next year.  I’m tired of all the blackouts and now there are zero playoff games available?  What am I paying for??

Thanks, Gary.  Ass.

Posted by Incognetis from Delaware... Hi... I'm in... Delaware on 04/09/12 at 11:09 AM ET

calquake's avatar

What am I paying for??

Somebody’s vacation I would venture.  I am dropping Center Ice like a bad habit.

Posted by calquake on 04/09/12 at 12:46 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

when you folks DO drop gamecenter or center ice, make sure to communicate to them WHY you are dropping the service. They need to understand why, and the large drop and reason will hopefully get things changed.

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 04/09/12 at 01:32 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

FSD said yesterday during the Tigers broadcast that games 1,2, and 5 so far will be on FSD. Not sure what that means for people that rely on NHLCI to get FSD, however.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/09/12 at 01:39 PM ET