The Malik Report

Mrazek Sent To Grand Rapids

Do you start Howard tomorrow?

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Zqto's avatar

Do you start Howard tomorrow?

Tough call…  I wouldn’t unless he says he’s 110%

Posted by Zqto on 01/27/14 at 03:07 PM ET

Alan's avatar

I’d start Howard tomorrow, Paul. Gus didn’t exactly have a good outing last night, and we don’t want Howard gathering too much rust.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/27/14 at 03:08 PM ET

SK77's avatar

Gus has typically played well enough this season to get the Wings the win and if anything last game was an anomaly. Unless Jimmy really does feel 110%+ I’d give him another game of rest because the Wings are going to need him kicking ass down the stretch.

Posted by SK77 on 01/27/14 at 03:12 PM ET

alwaysaurie's avatar

He’s had rest… Gustavsson hasn’t had rest.

It’s a no-brainer for me to start Howard.

If he’s not 100% why did they bother to activate him? You can’t activate a player and then refuse to play him if the starter gets dinged.

Howard has absolutely no history of hiding injuries or thinking that playing at 85% is a good idea, either.

Posted by alwaysaurie on 01/27/14 at 04:19 PM ET

He’s had rest… Gustavsson hasn’t had rest.

Being injured isn’t the same as simply “having rest”.

If he’s not 100% why did they bother to activate him?

Being able to sit on a bench and possibly play part of a game if need be isn’t exactly the same as starting.

Posted by Garth on 01/27/14 at 04:42 PM ET

Crater's avatar

I’d start a new rotation. 1 game per goalie till they have an amazing game where you can’t justify sitting them. Then once they have a regular game, start the other goalie. Show them they need to earn their ice time like any other player.

Posted by Crater from SoCal on 01/27/14 at 05:30 PM ET

At least, Razer’s getting some action.  Razer loves the constant work.

Posted by SYF from hatrick's "...broken bone bone..." on 01/27/14 at 07:23 PM ET