The Malik Report

Modano watch slowly heading toward its conclusion

A via-the-phone post: according to Defending Big D’s Brad Gardner, former Wing Mike Modano told Dallas’s The Ticket that he’s leaning toward retirement again. Paul will keep you posted if anything becomes official, because it’s just more talk at present.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

SnLO's avatar

Modano watch

There’s a watch for this? lol

George, I’m beginning to think you’re a blogging addict. Even on vacation you have to log on and post stuff. When you get back, we’ll have to schedule an intervention. I kid. Relax. Enjoy.

Posted by SnLO from the sub great-white north on 07/29/11 at 02:47 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Contrast Modano with Lidstrom.  Nick started working out very shortly after the season ended, then decided if he wanted to keep up with the physical preparation he knew he’d have to do to be able to play well.  Mo (and don’t misunderstand, I like the guy) has been sitting around, admittedly “taking it easy,” and trying to decide if he wants to keep playing.  I say Mo should retire.

George, your description of the lake sounded so lovely.  I am totally jealous.  Enjoy some more, OK?

cool smile

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 07/29/11 at 03:03 PM ET

whateverman's avatar

Great career you had there, Mike… but its time.

Posted by whateverman on 07/29/11 at 03:37 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

I feel 1,000% better now that I at least posted SOMEthing about the news. Now I can relax and am really at a very windswept and wave-churning beach, working on my lake stare smile

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 07/29/11 at 03:52 PM ET

awould's avatar

I have no bad feelings about Modano’s time in Detroit and think it may have worked out just fine for everybody but for a freak injury.

However, any GM that would even consider signing an old guy who uses the phrase “leaning toward retirement” is out of their mind.

Posted by awould on 07/29/11 at 04:52 PM ET

Furthermore, making a similar comment during the SC playoffs helped earn him a comfortable seat in the press box on game day and I would wager a shark stare (or two) from Coach B.

Thanks, Mike.  Good times.

Posted by Colquohoun on 07/29/11 at 08:43 PM ET