The Malik Report

Marian glub glub Hossa

Former Wing and current Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa may or may not have chosen to allow the presence of Niklas Kronwall's stick to allow his belly to hit the ice...

And if you didn't see the Babcockian, "That was a dive," check this uppy out:

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Wings_in_NYC's avatar

thought hoss had more character than that. guess i was wrong.

Posted by Wings_in_NYC on 05/15/13 at 10:16 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

thought hoss had more character than that.

That was my exact reaction. And his “theatrical show” after the first goal gave me the same feeling. I lost a lot of respect for Hossa tonight.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 05/15/13 at 10:48 PM ET

The funniest thing is watching Hossa argue with Kronwall afterwards.  The guy in stripes bought your act, you got away with one.  Don’t make yourself look even dumber trying to argue about it after, just skate away.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 05/15/13 at 10:58 PM ET

UMFan's avatar

Don’t think that Hossa embellished the call all that much. It just looked like he dove on purpose to try to get some wood on a shot. Officials just saw it wrong.

Posted by UMFan from Denver, Colorado on 05/15/13 at 11:12 PM ET

It looks like Z is trying to keep a straight face in that (beautiful) gif.

Posted by Mistercristo from Cameron Frye's garage, circa 1987 on 05/15/13 at 11:12 PM ET

Bent's avatar

When I saw the replay originally, he gets tapped on the skate before he gets around Kronwall.  THAT was the call I think he was trying to get.  The refs just saw Kronwall by him and made the call on him.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 05/16/13 at 12:21 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

Hossa flopped like a soccer player. I’d be embarrassed if I ever liked the guy.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 05/16/13 at 10:32 AM ET

Really no different than Z clutching a guy’s stick under his arm and skating off with it.  I think he learned that trick from Yzerman, who was known to flop too.  Hossa’s still awesome in my book.  Why anyone boos him at the Joe—I just don’t get it.

Posted by jkm2011 on 05/16/13 at 01:07 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Clear dive, but would take Hossa over Fransen in a minute, same as I wrote in October 2009.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/16/13 at 01:33 PM ET

Easy Wings fans. As you know, Hossa doesnt argue much, and rarely is seen messing it up with players on the other team. Upon closer review, kronwalls stick got hossa in the midsection… (aka man region) which im sure was the reason Hossa got up and directed his opinion towards Kronwall.

Posted by Huntin222 on 05/16/13 at 02:19 PM ET

How lame.  Trying to make a bad call by the refs explain away away your poor play…

What a fool.