The Malik Report

Live Blog- Chicago Visits Detroit

George asked me to put up a live blog for him so here it is.

Play hard and stay healthy boys.

Chicago’s lineup will be sprinkled with prospects like Saad, Beach, Kruger, Smith, Pirri, Olsen, Hayes and Connolly.  Veterans making the trip include Carcillo, Bickell, Frolik, Mayers, McLean, Stalberg, Leddy, Lespisto and Montador.

Some of the Wings taking the ice today are Lidstrom, Franzen, Helm, Abdelkader, Bertuzzi, Ericsson, Kindl, Zetterberg and Miller. (Khan has the full lineup)

The game is televised on FoxSports Detroit beginning at 5:00pm ET today.

-Paul

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3

sjketcheson's avatar

Oh my god! A live-blog! Too bad I missed most of the game… Evening all!

Posted by sjketcheson from the floor of the Hasek on 09/25/11 at 09:22 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

OT

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 09:22 PM ET

tkfergy's avatar

Dammit.  I was just thinking though… about how much I’d like to see Nyquist in a shootout.

Posted by bezukov from Wings Fan in exile: Columbus, OH on 09/25/11 at 07:07 PM ET

That looks like it will happen…

Posted by tkfergy on 09/25/11 at 09:22 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Lets Go Red Wings!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 09/25/11 at 09:26 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

SO

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 09:29 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Meh. The supposed focus on Team D needs some…focusing.

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 09/25/11 at 09:30 PM ET

Sal's avatar

Wings need to practice shootouts after practice this season.

Except Bert.  Dang, what a shot.

Posted by Sal from the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains on 09/25/11 at 09:33 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Serial killer.

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 09/25/11 at 09:33 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Holy shit Bert. Wow!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 09/25/11 at 09:33 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

tuzzi???

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 09:33 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

sweet

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 09:34 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Link died…missed Z’s shot…holy crap he made it…what did he do?

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 09/25/11 at 09:35 PM ET

sjketcheson's avatar

What a goal by Bert

Posted by sjketcheson from the floor of the Hasek on 09/25/11 at 09:35 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

that’s a “W”

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 09:35 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

And Z with an equally sweet move…

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 09/25/11 at 09:35 PM ET

Sal's avatar

Z faked the shot, then sent it five-hole.

Posted by Sal from the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains on 09/25/11 at 09:36 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Nice shootout.  Good win.  Night all.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/25/11 at 09:38 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Ah, thanks. It seems Noodles McLennan doesn’t like the shoot out, either.

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 09/25/11 at 09:38 PM ET

Slumpy's avatar

Bert sure has fun with the shootouts LOL  Had the hawks goalie mesmerized.

Going to be for the Holland and Babs who gets that final roster spot now. Hope one of them stands out soon and makes it easy to decide for them.

Emmerton got edged out by Leddy on that drive to the net not even getting off a shot. Gotta get a shot off a least with that opportunity.

Posted by Slumpy from Detroit on 09/25/11 at 09:42 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Is it at all worrisome that a mainly veteran Wings line-up barely edged out a Major Junior team?

Posted by Hootinani on 09/25/11 at 11:52 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Mostly Veteran? About half and half but I agree; the shorty was atrocious, as was the half a dozen breakaways allowed.

J. Abdelkader         -1
G. Nyquist             0
B. Smith               -1
I. White                 0
H. Zetterberg           0

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 09/26/11 at 01:11 AM ET

Lucce's avatar

Nyquist, Tatar and Smith in the coming season. Then Jarnkrok and Pulkkinen…... wink

Looks bright behind.

Posted by Lucce from Kingdom of Zweden on 09/26/11 at 07:29 AM ET

Where the hell is George? I swear this dude disapears for a month every year.

Posted by Wings4Life from dirty glove on 09/26/11 at 10:44 AM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

Has Helm played pre-season hockey yet? Either I missed him completely or he has yet to emerge from the tunnel…..either way, is there a reason that he hasn’t been involved to a greater capacity?

Posted by The Hurricane on 09/26/11 at 02:13 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Posted by The Hurricane on 09/26/11 at 12:13 PM ET

He potted a shortie last game or the game before.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 09/26/11 at 02:21 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Has anyone heard if the scrimmage tonight is being broadcast?  I know last year it was streamed online, and I’m hoping it is this year too.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 09/27/11 at 07:38 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

No luck, sorry :( :( :(  WBBL is doing a play-by-play, but that’s it. http://www.wbbl.com/

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 09/27/11 at 09:07 PM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

I was there…Bertuzzi looks good…REALLY good. Nyquist looks good. Hudler might just do something this year. Goaltending looked shaky (esp Pearce.)
Aubry and Ferraro almost dropped gloves after Aubrey pasted Ferraro into the glass unexpectedly. Refs had to separate them

Team Red with Kronner, Bert, Filpulla, Franzen, Hudler, Howard and friends beat team White with Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Z, Abby, Holmstrom, Conklin and friends. Final score was 6-4.

No real highlight goals to speak of…mostly taking the trash out kind of stuff. Somewhat unimpressed overall.

Slashing looked to be a problem although little was called on the ice, I saw a LOT of it going on.

Other than watching Lidstrom play deep on the PK, Nyquist, in my opinion, was the surprise of the night. The kid can fly!

I am still concerned that Helm hasn’t been more visible. I know it’s the preseason, but why hide him away?

Posted by The Hurricane on 09/27/11 at 11:43 PM ET