The Malik Report

Live Blog- Chicago Visits Detroit

George asked me to put up a live blog for him so here it is.

Play hard and stay healthy boys.

Chicago’s lineup will be sprinkled with prospects like Saad, Beach, Kruger, Smith, Pirri, Olsen, Hayes and Connolly.  Veterans making the trip include Carcillo, Bickell, Frolik, Mayers, McLean, Stalberg, Leddy, Lespisto and Montador.

Some of the Wings taking the ice today are Lidstrom, Franzen, Helm, Abdelkader, Bertuzzi, Ericsson, Kindl, Zetterberg and Miller. (Khan has the full lineup)

The game is televised on FoxSports Detroit beginning at 5:00pm ET today.

-Paul

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 >       Next »

bezukov's avatar

Nice shot by Lidstrom.  I know its still preseason, but White looks like the right guy to pair up with the Captain.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/25/11 at 08:16 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

possible dates for H2H3:

in March
Friday night games
at the Joe

03/02 vs. Minn. Wild
03/09 vs. LA Kings
03/30 vs. Nash Prednecks

thoughts? discuss

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 08:17 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

doan = a—h—-

Doan=Doan Bag.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/25/11 at 08:17 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Nyquist…wow.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/25/11 at 08:18 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

>>clank<<

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 08:19 PM ET

Slumpy's avatar

I think The Mule was in front of the hawks goalie screening for two or the goals tonight.

Andersson is not even listed in top 10 prospects by thn.com. Is anybody impressed by this guy because I haven’t seen him play yet?

Posted by Slumpy from Detroit on 09/25/11 at 08:19 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Aw shit, Brunnstrom (?) wide open net…

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/25/11 at 08:25 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

And Big E strikes again.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/25/11 at 08:26 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

no D in the middle ...

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 08:26 PM ET

ChowYunCat's avatar

Crap, I hope Mursak is only out for the preseason.

Posted by ChowYunCat on 09/25/11 at 08:28 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouch

knee

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 08:28 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/25/11 at 08:28 PM ET

Slumpy's avatar

Ugh, Mursak knee twisted in un-natural way there.

Who missed the coverage on that 2nd hawk goal, Commie?

Posted by Slumpy from Detroit on 09/25/11 at 08:29 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Well, it looks like the decision for that last forward spot may have just gotten easier.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 09/25/11 at 08:29 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

abby, abby, abby ....

BURY THEM!

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 08:31 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I like how Olson helped Mursak into the boards there… no call.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/25/11 at 08:33 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 06:17 PM ET

Why a Friday night game and not Saturday?  It’s easier for someone like me to come from WAY out of town and make a Saturday game than it is a Friday game…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 09/25/11 at 08:33 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

White looks like the right guy to pair up with the Captain.

Totally agreed.  A skilled right shot always seems to open things up for Lidstrom,  It would also allow them to pair Kronwall and Stuart.

Seeing Ericsson and Kindl on the ice together however has only made me appreciate the Commodore signing that much more.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 09/25/11 at 08:35 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from A State of Insanity on 09/25/11 at 06:33 PM ET

Friday is just the traditional day.
(doesn’t mean it can ‘t be changed)

only Saturday home game in March
is 03/24 vs. the Carolina Typhoons

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 08:38 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 09/25/11 at 06:35 PM ET

I know what you mean on the Commodore signing.  Hopefully Kindl steps up and makes the Wings an Ericsson-less lineup.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/25/11 at 08:43 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Evening Ya All!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!
smile

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 09/25/11 at 08:44 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Kenny Holland over the intermission:

“We want to resign Nick Lidstrom.”

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/25/11 at 08:44 PM ET

Sal's avatar

NHL Network has their own intermission show.  Anything interesting from the FSD show?

Posted by Sal from the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains on 09/25/11 at 08:47 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Hopefully Kindl steps up and makes the Wings an Ericsson-less lineup.

Yeah, I’m actually kinda hoping for Commie and Kindl to be the 5/6 pairing at some point.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 09/25/11 at 08:51 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

Bummer!!!  Fractured left ankle for Mursak

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 09/25/11 at 08:51 PM ET

tkfergy's avatar

Mursak on IR… that sucks…

Posted by tkfergy on 09/25/11 at 08:52 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Bummer!!!  Fractured left ankle for Mursak

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 09/25/11 at 06:51 PM ET

Damn.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/25/11 at 08:54 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Paging Fabian Brunnstrom…

Hear that sound Fabian?  That’s called opportunity.  And it’s knocking on your front door right NOW!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 09/25/11 at 08:57 PM ET

tkfergy's avatar

Which of these get the final 2 spots now? Cory Emmerton, Fabian Brunnstrom, or Ryan Johnson

Posted by tkfergy on 09/25/11 at 09:00 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Gustav Nyquist.  Man, this guy may be a year or two away, but he looks like the real deal.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 09/25/11 at 09:02 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 09/25/11 at 07:02 PM ET

Yeah that kid looks good.  That last penalty drawing dangle looked Datsyukian.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/25/11 at 09:04 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Thanks alot, Olson. Ouch…the Captain kinda let Frolik walk in all alone there.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/25/11 at 09:04 PM ET

Sal's avatar

With these lineups, we should be mopping the ice with these guys.  Instead, we’re tied.  Sigh.

Posted by Sal from the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains on 09/25/11 at 09:06 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

I’m not so sure Smith is ready for prime time yet…but…how much worse can he be over Ericsson?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/25/11 at 09:06 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Dammit.  I was just thinking though… about how much I’d like to see Nyquist in a shootout.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/25/11 at 09:07 PM ET

Slumpy's avatar

That hawks Olsen is from Utah. Can’t say I’ve heard of many NHLers ever from there and he was a 1st round draft pick. Not sure if that was a dirty hit because he was a long ways from the boards.

Like to see Conner make the team now that Mursak going on LTIR. Heck, he grew up in the Detroit area and owns a home here still I believe.

Posted by Slumpy from Detroit on 09/25/11 at 09:08 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Brendan Smith = not ready for prime time player.  At least for now.  Still love his upside, but he really needs to learn to consistently make the percentage play in his own zone.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 09/25/11 at 09:09 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Noticed smiths d coverage against Pitt was lacking.. he def needs another year.. he’s trying to do too much on the ice

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 09/25/11 at 09:12 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I don’t think it was a dirty hit, but it was pretty careless, which is about as bad.  I fail to see why he needed to push him there.  Mursak was headed behind the net anyway.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/25/11 at 09:13 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

That push in the back on Brunnstrom could have ended badly.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/25/11 at 09:19 PM ET