The Malik Report

Live Blog- Chicago Visits Detroit

George asked me to put up a live blog for him so here it is.

Play hard and stay healthy boys.

Chicago’s lineup will be sprinkled with prospects like Saad, Beach, Kruger, Smith, Pirri, Olsen, Hayes and Connolly.  Veterans making the trip include Carcillo, Bickell, Frolik, Mayers, McLean, Stalberg, Leddy, Lespisto and Montador.

Some of the Wings taking the ice today are Lidstrom, Franzen, Helm, Abdelkader, Bertuzzi, Ericsson, Kindl, Zetterberg and Miller. (Khan has the full lineup)

The game is televised on FoxSports Detroit beginning at 5:00pm ET today.

-Paul

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >       Next »

mrfluffy's avatar

Oh nice…so the Hawks are bringing their goon squad.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/25/11 at 06:31 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

This will be my first chance to hear Mickey and Ken call a game this season.  I know I’m pumped!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/25/11 at 06:49 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

My little syster went to Wisconsin with B. Smith - anxious to see how he looks. Him and Bruno.

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 09/25/11 at 06:51 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Mickey isn’t a fan of pre-season games, and he usually doesn’t hide the fact.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 09/25/11 at 06:51 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

Syster?

Looks like it’s beer-thrity…

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 09/25/11 at 06:51 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

Just a note…NHLN is also showing the game.  For those of us outside the Detroit area but who subscribed to FS Detroit, we will be blacked out.  It would be nice if NHLN would just go with the local guys and we could hear Ken and Mickey even if Mickey is bitching about the preseason games.

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 09/25/11 at 06:57 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 09/25/11 at 04:57 PM ET

Here’s hoping…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 09/25/11 at 07:01 PM ET

w2j2's avatar

Fantastic!
Ken and Mickey calling a Wings game on Fox Sports Detroit!

Posted by w2j2 on 09/25/11 at 07:04 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

All right!!!  It is Ken and Mickey on NHLN!!!

LGRW!!!!!  Conks in net!

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 09/25/11 at 07:09 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

I have missed Ken and Mickey soooo much!!!

LGRW!

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 09/25/11 at 07:11 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Lidstrom with a giveaway trying to start the breakout… strange.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 09/25/11 at 07:12 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Refs in mid-season form already…

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 09/25/11 at 07:14 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Wow, what a move by Flipper… sheesh.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 09/25/11 at 07:17 PM ET

Sal's avatar

I hope the quality of play so far in the preseason is a result of the team still breaking in their new systems and new coaching.  Everything just seems a little off so far, like they’re not quite sure where the other guys are going to be.

Posted by Sal from the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains on 09/25/11 at 07:18 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

U of M wins.

Tigers win.

Lions win.

Red Wings ...

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 04:36 PM ET

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 07:20 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Great shot, sounds like it deflected off a stick or something….

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 09/25/11 at 07:20 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

... was over in the other rooom ... felt pretty lonely.

then heard the noise over here.

SCORE!

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 07:21 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Just like Mickey said.  SHOOT MORE FILS!  What a beauty.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/25/11 at 07:21 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Lidstrom still quarterbacking the PP…still a thing of beauty..

Nice to see Flip shoot the puck like that.  Damn I’d love to see a lot more of that this year.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 09/25/11 at 07:22 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 07:24 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

ZEEEEEEEEEE!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/25/11 at 07:38 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Sphincter minute goal for Z…nice

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 09/25/11 at 07:38 PM ET

Sal's avatar

Well, maybe the F-Z-F lines has things figured out.  That was pretty.

Posted by Sal from the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains on 09/25/11 at 07:38 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

2-0

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 07:39 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

Anybody know what this special NHL announce at 1 pm ET is about?

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 09/25/11 at 07:45 PM ET

Sal's avatar

Anybody know what this special NHL announce at 1 pm ET is about?

Worst kept secret in hockey - Winter Classic, Flyers / Rangers.

Posted by Sal from the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains on 09/25/11 at 07:52 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

Thanks Sal. I knew that but it was totally off my radar. Sheeeshh!!!

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 09/25/11 at 07:55 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

conk block

nice

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 07:57 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Elbows and interference galore from the Icepigs.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/25/11 at 08:01 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Now I’m here. Now I’m there.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/25/11 at 08:08 PM ET

Itrusteddrrahmani's avatar

Posted by Sal from the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains on 09/25/11 at 05:52 PM ET

Haha, that was supposed to be a secret still?

Posted by Itrusteddrrahmani from Nyc by way of A2 on 09/25/11 at 08:08 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

doan = a—h—-

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 08:08 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Well that’s shades of June, 2009.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/25/11 at 08:10 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Now I’m pissed-off.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/25/11 at 08:10 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

zing

2-1

weak ty

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 08:10 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

this on the radio at all? They blocked 97.1 in detroit from my phone.. streaming anywhere maybe?

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 09/25/11 at 08:12 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Captain seems pissed.

And I here you Mick…I here you on #18.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/25/11 at 08:13 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Lids

awesome

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/25/11 at 08:13 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Here…hear…crap…it’s still preseason eh?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/25/11 at 08:14 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Interesting sequence on that PP.  Conks giveth (weak goal), Conks taketh away (great save)—and then another goal from that same five man unit: Z, Flip, Mule, TPH and White.  Red Wings finish the PP with an even +/-

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 09/25/11 at 08:14 PM ET