The Malik Report

Let’s Look At The Games This Week

Paul here while George continues to deal with a new laptop issue.

Instead of recapping the OT loss to Columbus today, I thought we could look at what's in the near future.

If unsure, let me tell you:

Wednesday In Calgary

Friday in Edmonton

Saturday in Vancouver

3 games in 4 nights on a tour of western Canada.

The way the Wings are playing right now, this trip could turn into the trip to hell and back or they could perform a compete turnaround and come back home with at least 4 points.

Sit tight folks, the next three games could be the make or break part of the season.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

After watching DET look mediocre, at best, against the BJ; I’m leaning to break.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/10/13 at 07:38 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Ain’t that the truth.

Posted by calquake on 03/10/13 at 10:14 PM ET

Bugsy's avatar

The good news? Franzen scored, they finally scored on the power play, and they still gave up only 2 goals in regulation, 13 goals in regulation in the last 10 games. The bad news? Anyone still have fingernails left? March is going to be tense, needless to say, with almost every nearby team with game(s) in hand on the Wings, the Wings having played the most home games in the NHL so far, and the offense seeming to have been exhausted since the Vancouver game (only 10 goals in regulation scored in the last 7 games).

Posted by Bugsy on 03/11/13 at 03:21 AM ET

Bugsy's avatar

George mentioned last year he would need a new computer, but I hope it isn’t a networking problem, and that it’s going to be easy to fix.

Posted by Bugsy on 03/11/13 at 03:31 AM ET

BrendonR's avatar

Not to presume the issues George is having but, in 2013 it seems a bit odd to be having such recurring computer snags. If Geo was running a new 13” MacBook Air and a reliable internet connection I doubt he’d be running into any issues (this is what I use for work and play and I never have issues). I’m not sure what new computer it was he picked up recently.

Given all he’s done and continues to do for us Wings fans on here, and the fact that him doing so basically entirely relies on these things, I’d think it’s something the 19 could easily pitch in on to make happen, no?

Posted by BrendonR on 03/11/13 at 06:23 AM ET

w2j2's avatar

Random thoughts:

Zetterberg is so tired he cannot keep the puck on his stick.
Quincey cannnot stay on his feet.
Datsyuk needs a shooter on his line.
The Wings can only win if Howard wins for them.

Dominated by the Blue Jackets…
Who would have thought?

The ‘Jackets have 3 first round picks this year.

Man, the Wings could use some first round picks.
The 2 they wasted on McCollum and Quincey will bite for a long time.

tongue rolleye

Posted by w2j2 on 03/11/13 at 07:57 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Bugsy, a ringing noise coming for the fan/hard drive area, being resolved today.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/11/13 at 08:57 AM ET

Figaro's avatar

w2J2, I agree with everything you said there. I find myself feeling bad for Captain Hank every time he’s on the ice because he looks like he’s stuck in a never-ending 2nd Overtime period.  But of course, he won’t take a break or a day off because he’s our Captain, and captains keep working.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 03/11/13 at 10:12 AM ET

WingedRider's avatar

w2J2,  Sadly your random thoughts are right on from what I have been seeing lately.

Z’s line is the only line we have and other teams know that they have to play hard against that line and it is showing.  Other teams know they can take liberties with the Wings as killing any penalties against the Wings PP will usually not cost them on the scoreboard.

It seems a few more players are running on fumes and/or undisclosed injuries.  Howie and Pav sure looked off against CBJ.  The selection of Z on the SO was puzzling, Babs got outcoached there IMO.

Howie had no book on CBJ shooters and Tatar, etc could have been used for Z who was dead tired.

If this keeps up we will be sellers at the deadline which might not be bad in the long run.

Memo to Babs, their are some fresh young legs in GR that might balance the ice time out a bit for the Western swing… Just dreaming still

Posted by WingedRider from Saskatoon, SK on 03/11/13 at 11:54 AM ET