The Malik Report

Legal Kronwalling

This is the only video of Niklas Kronwall's hit on Emerson Etem that I could find. Legal Kronwalling!

Update: It took a while, but the Wings' website posted the hit:

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

#65, Etem went for the retaliation and cost himself position on the ice.  Same ol’ dumb DuhUcks.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/06/13 at 10:27 PM ET

How Bertuzzi’s hit can be a penalty and this not be a penalty blows my mind; even though Kronwall uses his lower body the end result is the player he hit was facing the boards and hit into the boards.

Not saying either should have been penalties but comparatively.  Take that attempted hit on Datsyuk in retaliation; that was charging and even though it barely connected the attempt to smash him into the boards was evident.

Posted by neffernin on 05/06/13 at 10:53 PM ET

Basically saying it all goes along with the league punishes for results not intentions.  I don’t remember who Datsyuk hit but whoever it was was feigning that he was dazed or injured to get the refs attention… apparently it wasn’t enough injury to make him regain position and try to retaliate.

Anyone know the last time the league called a dive?

Posted by neffernin on 05/06/13 at 10:56 PM ET

Last, when on this page:

Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on kuklaskorner.com.
Content from um.eqads.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion.

FYI for your KK guys.  As always thanks for all the hard work feeding us hockey hungry wingnuts.  (I mean seriously, there’s like 4 red wings blogs, how could you feign this site is for anyone else?)

Posted by neffernin on 05/06/13 at 10:57 PM ET

tkfergy's avatar

Posted by neffernin on 05/06/13 at 11:57 PM ET

Two Red Wings blogs.

And I have never had that warning about KK and all I use is Google Chrome. Maybe something with your computer.

Posted by tkfergy on 05/07/13 at 12:00 AM ET

shanetx's avatar

Any malware you find here is in the ads.

Since you use Chrome, it tends to serve up ads based on your viewing preferences.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 05/07/13 at 12:00 AM ET

Yeah its me, mah bad.  Likely what I get for watching a pirate feed of the wings game.

Maybe only 2 blogs but I suppose it seems like more due to the amount of content pumped out by them as well as the fact that multiple bloggers contribute.

Posted by neffernin on 05/07/13 at 12:43 AM ET

rrasco's avatar

Beaucheman.  Pavel could have absolutely crushed him but only took position on him.  I think these guys forget they are playing a contact sport when they take a hit.  The call on Tuzzi was a joke, all he did was take position as well and homie fell down.

Posted by rrasco from TEXAS on 05/07/13 at 09:20 AM ET

Neznarf's avatar

Can someone please find video of the crowd chanting “you got kronwalled?”

Posted by Neznarf on 05/07/13 at 09:57 AM ET

puckinthehead's avatar

Crowd chant is clear on this vid.

Love it!