The Malik Report

Knuble No Longer In Grand Rapids

He's headed to Philadelphia to take a physical tomorrow and if he passes, the Flyers will sign him.  The Flyers hope Knuble will help after Hartnell broke his foot.

I don't think Knuble had a chance with the Wings this season, but if he was a defenseman, that would have been another story.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Hockeytown Wax's avatar

I think he would have been good in front of the net instead of Mule or Clears ... but since when do we need a forward that’s 6’ 3” 220lbs with 17 years NHL experience ??

That wasn’t toooo sarcastic was it ??

Posted by Hockeytown Wax from West Bloomfield, Mi. on 01/24/13 at 09:00 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Too big, HW.. maybe if he was 6’1” 190.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 01/24/13 at 09:14 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I am gonna hate it if this one comes back to bite the Wings in the Mule.

Posted by calquake on 01/24/13 at 09:19 PM ET

Yeah, not having Mike Knuble is the main problem the Wings should be focusing on.

Posted by Garth on 01/24/13 at 09:20 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Bumped from the previous thread

Subban is not leaving Mtl.

And Mtl not dumb enough to take on those two.

Posted by MoreShoot on 01/24/13 at 07:35 PM ET

Agreed.  That’s pretty much pie-in-the-sky thinking.  Besides, I’d be hard-pressed to believe that there is a GM in the league foolish enough to part with ANY significant assets to acquire a player the likes of Kyle Queasy.  You’d be damn lucky to get a bag of donuts in return.  Although, now that i think of it, I do enjoy a good donut now and then.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/24/13 at 09:34 PM ET

Hockeytown Wax's avatar

Kyle Queasy .. LOL ... I like it.

He played well in Colorado and LA, but for us it’s brain fart city.  Maybe he can’t handle the pressure of playing for an Original 6 team.

Miracle Trade ...