The Malik Report

Khan: Fox Sports Detroit ‘explains’ why it fired Larry Murphy

Facing a significant amount of public furor after having fired Red Wings analyst Larry Murphy, MLive's Ansar Khan reports that Fox Sports Detroit's released a statement that does little to nothing to explain why Murphy was so suddenly and summarily dismissed:

“We wanted our primary team of Mickey Redmond and Ken Daniels to call the remaining games as the Red Wings make a push for the playoffs. We thought it was only fair to let Larry know as soon as possible that he would not be scheduled for any more assignments. We thank Larry for his contributions to our telecasts over the years and we wish him well.”

Of course, this does not explain why Murphy wasn't retained to work between the benches at home games or in the studio.

FSD said this is the only statement it will make on the matter.

Continued

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

stonehands-78's avatar

to be continued ...

Get Fox Sports Detroit to rehire Larry Murphy

sign the petition here

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/24/13 at 12:34 PM ET

NOT.GOOD.ENOUGH.FSD.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/24/13 at 12:38 PM ET

statelouis26's avatar

Really hyping this Larry Murphy stuff.  Facing a significant amount of public furor is a bit of sensationalism for less than a 5K petition.  Give me a break.

Posted by statelouis26 from Detroit, MI on 03/24/13 at 12:40 PM ET

w2j2's avatar

Bull Crap from FSD!

cool cheese

Posted by w2j2 on 03/24/13 at 02:09 PM ET

Dakkster's avatar

Petitions rarely do anything. What you need to do is an executive email carpet bomb, telling ANY relevant people where you stand.

Posted by Dakkster from Southern Sweden on 03/24/13 at 02:42 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Give me a break.

Posted by statelouis26 from Detroit, MI on 03/24/13 at 01:40 PM ET

Contrarians are, without exception, dickheads.  You are a contrarian.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 03/24/13 at 03:32 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

There’s got to be more to the story.  That explanation simply doesn’t make sense.  Still makes me sad.  I want my Murph back.

downer

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/24/13 at 04:10 PM ET

statelouis26's avatar

Contrarians are, without exception, dickheads.  You are a contrarian.
Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 03/24/13 at 04:32 PM.

There it is.  It’s an opinion…thanks for resorting to personal, disparaging remarks.

Posted by statelouis26 from Detroit, MI on 03/24/13 at 04:59 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Contrarians are, without exception, dickheads.  You are a contrarian.
Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 03/24/13 at 04:32 PM.

Posted by statelouis26 from Detroit, MI on 03/24/13 at 05:59 PM ET

I don’t think you’re a contrarian… I just think you’re a *#$%@&.

Posted by calquake on 03/24/13 at 05:39 PM ET