The Malik Report

Khan Continues His Scouting Report, This One Is A Mystery

from Ansar Khan of Mlive,

He hasn't played up to the level he showed during his surprise 2009 playoff run, but he still has a promising upside. He struggled in 2009-10 but has improved incrementally since then, posting a plus-27 rating in his past 158 games, after posting a minus-22 rating in his first 74 career regular season games. He has an opportunity to assume a greater role this season (if there is one), following the departures of Nicklas Lidstrom and Brad Stuart. *%&$#@ could end up playing on the top defense pair, with Niklas Kronwall. In any event, he should log more than 20 minutes a game for the first time in his career. He also will have a bigger role on the penalty kill.

more on our mystery man...

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

dougie's avatar

File alongside “Columbus Will Have Home Ice Advantage During Stanley Cup Finals”

Posted by dougie on 11/14/12 at 11:16 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Is it bad if I already know it is before I clicked “more”?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 11/14/12 at 12:00 PM ET

Paul's avatar

I think it would be bad mrfluffy if you didn’t know who it was before you clicked.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/14/12 at 12:04 PM ET

By the way, “*%&$#@” is the perfect nickname for Ericsson.

Posted by Garth on 11/14/12 at 01:58 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

By the way, “*%&$#@” is the perfect nickname for Ericsson.

Posted by Garth on 11/14/12 at 12:58 PM ET

Just dropped in to say that I call him that anyway.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/14/12 at 05:05 PM ET

rrasco's avatar

Is that what that Kevin Fowler song was about?

Posted by rrasco from TEXAS on 11/14/12 at 06:47 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

well, there is a Cee-Lo Green song that describes my feelings toward the fiasco in general. Not just a singular player

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 11/14/12 at 08:54 PM ET