The Malik Report

Ken Holland talks about the Red Wings’ future plans on NHL Live

Unless you’ve been waiting with baited breath to hear NHL Live’s EJ Hradek talk about Scotty Bowman’s curtain call ten years ago tonight, or perhaps hear Hradek suggest that Zach Parise should test the free agent waters, those of you who were on Twitter this afternoon probably know that Red Wings GM Ken Holland spoke to NHL Live this afternoon, and here’s the video of his nine-minute interview:

Nothing earth-shattering here. He feels that the Wings can’t rely on one player to replace Nicklas Lidstrom, he says that the Wings will explore their options in free agency and via trades, hand he was disappointed in having to let Brad Stuart go, but he still believes in his team’s core. He doesn’t mention any target by name because he can’t do so—it’d be tampering.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Same old song, same old singer! “We like our team the way it is”. We are not going to blow everything up for a few players. We feel we have a good corp of youngsters coming up through our system who will be ready to play some key roles for us soon.”
That pans out to be ...“I am looking for some reclamation projects whoI can get on the cheap and I know they will come here and the pixie dust that I sprinkle on them will rejuvenate their careers. They will give us 5 to 6 years of good, solid play” .. again on the cheap. In the meantime all those talented youg prospects have either burned out in the minor leagues because they lost confidence by never getting their shot .. or .. we had no roster spot for them and we lost them on waivers.

Posted by Edd from Wauseon, OH on 06/13/12 at 11:03 PM ET

Edd from Wauseon…when you say “Same old song, same old singer!” you must be referring to yourself? or your lame cliché posts?

Posted by PuckMucker from Detroit on 06/14/12 at 12:15 AM ET

If you want to criticise the content of my posts, fine. But personal attacks are too childish and totally uncalled for in this or any hockey forum. I have a right to state my opinion no matter how cliché that may be. I’m outa here. ‘Bye George! Hope your health and situation improve. I still miss living in South Lyon.

Posted by Edd from Wauseon, OH on 06/14/12 at 02:54 AM ET

George Malik's avatar

That’s pretty harsh, Puckmucker. I would prefer that you refrain from attacking anybody here but me.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 06/14/12 at 02:57 AM ET

Lucce's avatar

Thanks George for the daily updates.

Posted by Lucce from Kingdom of Zweden on 06/14/12 at 03:30 AM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

I agree…George you are amazing! Hope you are feeling better…I pray for your progress often.
By the way, with all the eggs in one basket talk around the league regarding Parise and the Wings, is it still ridiculous to conjure up a scenario in which Rick Nash dons the Winged wheel? It is a continued hope of mine that he would wear the red and white and believe him to be the final puzzle piece up front…and heck, we could afford him now.

Posted by The Hurricane on 06/14/12 at 11:42 AM ET