The Malik Report

It’s A Live Blog From The Windy City

Bulls/Pistons
White Sox/Tigers
Bears/Lions
Blackhawks/Wings

The rivalry continues tonight. who will be crowned king of the pre-season?

Watch the game to find out- VERSUS 8:30pm ET.

Paul for George.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

1 2 >       Next »

perfection's avatar

heading to the stadium in about 15 minutes!!

I’m really excited to see all of our tryouts and AHL’ers play against the majority of the Hawks best (Hossa, Kane, Toews, Keith, etc.) Hell, our TOP scoring line is Justin Abdelkader-Darren Helm-Chris Conner. So while this may be a blowout, I’m eager to see how these guys stack up… I’m particularly excited to watch the Nyquist, Emmerton, Brunnstrom line. Gonna be fun… until the Hawks fans start yelling and threatening us, which seems to happen just about every Wing’s game at the United Center since I moved to Chicago 10 years ago. Of course, I think it’s because I can only afford cheap seats. The few times I’ve sat in the lower bowl it’s remarkably more civil. I guess when your tix are $80 a pop, you aren’t looking to fight an opposing fan.

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 09/28/11 at 08:38 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Cool! I had no idea this game was televised tonight.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 09/28/11 at 08:44 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Any update on George, Paul?  I haven’t seen him around too much lately.

I hope the rookies put on a show tonight against the Hawks best.  LGRW.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/28/11 at 09:17 PM ET

Itrusteddrrahmani's avatar

Can someone tell me, why gamecenter is working for this game, even though it’s on versus.  Did the nhl do something about that situation?

Posted by Itrusteddrrahmani from Nyc by way of A2 on 09/28/11 at 09:32 PM ET

Ajax19's avatar

The game also isn’t on Versus in Detroit.

Posted by Ajax19 on 09/28/11 at 09:33 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

I live in 39 miles northwest of the Joe in South Lyon and I’m getting the game. That’s weird…

George is not so well. Have had some setbacks. :/

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 09/28/11 at 09:40 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Kind of chippy so far.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/28/11 at 09:44 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Conk Block coming up huge so far…

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/28/11 at 09:45 PM ET

Sal's avatar

Conk Block coming up huge so far…

With these lineups, he’s gonna need to.

Posted by Sal from the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains on 09/28/11 at 09:49 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

1st row sports dot tv feed is working…

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 09/28/11 at 09:52 PM ET

Ajax19's avatar

I live in Royal Oak, about 10-13 miles from the Joe and all I’m getting on Versus is Nick Nolte in “North Dallas 40.”

Posted by Ajax19 on 09/28/11 at 09:53 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Ferraro just made a decent block and Edzo is slobbering all over him.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/28/11 at 09:53 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

Same thing in Toledo, Ajax.

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 09/28/11 at 09:54 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

I hate that *#$%@& song.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/28/11 at 09:55 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Evenin’ bitches. Game is on Versucks here in Pa.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/28/11 at 09:56 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

These bitches need to get er’ going.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/28/11 at 09:58 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Nice job by Abby there to draw that…

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/28/11 at 09:59 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

‘alo y’all

L.G.R.W.

Well we’ve spotted ‘em a point; now get’er done!

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/28/11 at 10:00 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

The inexperience…hell…Nice job by the kids. Nyquist?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/28/11 at 10:04 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Fabilous

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/28/11 at 10:05 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

BE-A-U-TI-FULLLLLLLLLLLLL

Miller Time

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/28/11 at 10:09 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Miller Time

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/28/11 at 09:09 PM ET

About time.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/28/11 at 10:15 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

The Canoe is gushing. Ugh!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/28/11 at 10:16 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Just found the game online ( thanks teamdub) , but why is it being blacked out on versucks if the game is not being broadcast by FSN Detroit????????????????

Posted by Down River Dan on 09/28/11 at 10:33 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

nice conk block

nice

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/28/11 at 10:37 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

sweet

credit to Helm

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/28/11 at 10:38 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Brunnnnnnnnnnnnstrom will not clear waivers.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 09/28/11 at 10:40 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

carrot top with the hold

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/28/11 at 10:43 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

... and a hawks PP goal.

bezukov's avatar

Sucks to hear that George is having a rough time of it.  Hope to see him back soon.

Mr. Brunnstrom acts like he wants to be a Red Wing.  I like what I see from Jan Mursak, and I am sad he got hurt, but I like what I am seeing from Brunnstrom more, preseason or not.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/28/11 at 10:44 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

I hate to sound grumpy in the preseason, but Ericsson’s earning his -2. Bleh.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 09/28/11 at 10:44 PM ET

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

It’s funny how Chicago has only been able to score on the power play so far. Brunnstrom is going to make this team.

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 09/28/11 at 10:44 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

The lesson here seems to be when it’s system against stardom, the team that’s preached its system to its prospects, farmhands and try-outs might just prevail over a near-“regular season quality” team.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 09/28/11 at 10:47 PM ET

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

Plus, we have hit two posts.

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 09/28/11 at 10:50 PM ET

Sal's avatar

Interesting watching the kids and tryouts without most of the regulars around.  They know they can’t rely on Z, D, Lids, etc to come in and save the day.  Less deferring to others, less waiting for someone else to make something happen.

Posted by Sal from the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains on 09/28/11 at 10:55 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 09/28/11 at 09:47 PM ET

I totally agree.  I know its the preseason the Hawks probably aren’t giving their best, but the scrubs are doing a pretty bang up job on the Hawks regulars so far.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/28/11 at 10:55 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Right when I thought I wouldn’t hear the phrase “new NHL” anymore…

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/28/11 at 10:58 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

conk .......

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/28/11 at 11:20 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

So. That check that connected with the head… not so good.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 09/28/11 at 11:29 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

odd play ...

i don’t think he targeted the head ... then again, ... odd play

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/28/11 at 11:29 PM ET

1 2 >       Next »