The Malik Report

It Will Be Hard To Replace Franzen On Team Sweden Roster

via Expressen (link not translated),

This announcement was submitted by coach Pär Mårts Thursday.

- I talked to him for four or five minutes ago, and they have decided that he will say no and his'll lay down now to be refreshed properly, he says to Cmore.

- It is sad. He has been looking forward to being with and charged for it and it's a darn good guy and a great hockey player as it is tragic for him. But he is also human and he will live long after this.

According Mårts is Franzen's properties that can not be replaced:

- Johan is unique. It is a tank, a tank but its like who will stop at nothing, who has good hockey sense and great hands.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

I wish that Franzen played the way this swede describes him

Posted by letsmakeit12 on 01/30/14 at 04:30 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Bill Roose at the Wings’ website,

“It’s doubtful we’ll play him before the Olympic break,” Holland said. “Hopefully he’ll be ready to go after the Olympics.”

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/30/14 at 04:35 PM ET

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/30/14 at 04:35 PM ET

Probably the best route to recovery for him.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 01/30/14 at 05:09 PM ET

Paul's avatar

via Afton Bladet,

According Mårts it is not yet decided who will replace 34-year-old.

Among the reserves to Sochi is Franzen’s teammate Gustav Nyquist, Nashville’s Patric Hornqvist and Washington’s Marcus Johansson.

- I do not know yet, I have no idea. I want to hear the status of Henrik (Sedin) and ‘Zäta’ (Zetterberg) before we take a decision, says Mårts in Cmore and finishing:

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/30/14 at 05:29 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

There’s always Samuelsson.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 01/30/14 at 09:13 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I think Par Marts chooses Patric Hornqvist as a replacement for the Mule…But I really hope they   pick Nyquill, It would be so fun to see him on the big Ice with his speed.

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 01/31/14 at 12:25 AM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

I wish that Franzen played the way this swede describes him

Posted by

letsmakeit12

on 01/30/14 at 04:30 PM ET

This ^^^

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 01/31/14 at 07:51 AM ET

Posted by Gary Bettman SUCK from Fort Myers, Florida on 01/31/14 at 12:25 AM ET

As much as I want it for Nike, too, I prefer the team spends the time recuperating and getting properly ready for the 24-game sprint after the Olympics.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 01/31/14 at 11:56 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

Slap skates on a goat and paint 93 on its back. No one will know the difference.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 01/31/14 at 12:01 PM ET

Posted by SYF from the Swedish Ice Mafia on 01/31/14 at 11:56 AM ET

I’m not sure what Nyquise would be recuperating from, and I daresay that for a younger guy I think it’s probably better to keep playing rather than take a few weeks off in the middle of the season.

Posted by Garth on 01/31/14 at 12:04 PM ET