The Malik Report

It Appears No Lineup Changes For The Wings Tonight, Although Andersson Is A Maybe

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

bigdee89's avatar

This is good news but I can’t wait for some of our star players to come back

Posted by bigdee89 from The Great White North Eh? on 03/23/14 at 12:21 PM ET

It would be nice to learn something about Datsyuk’s status. Not seeing anything lately.

Posted by NewfieWing on 03/23/14 at 12:25 PM ET

Chris from NOHS's avatar

Can’t see anything Andersson would bring that others don’t have.

Posted by Chris from NOHS from Columbus, OH/Grand Rapids, MI on 03/23/14 at 12:40 PM ET

von Awesome's avatar

I agree, keep Andersson out of the lineup. He’s not as fast as Ferraro, and Bert’s been playing well enough lately alongside Miller and Glendening. Let’s not muck up the chemistry by throwing in a guy that has struggled everywhere besides (and including) the PK.

Posted by von Awesome on 03/23/14 at 01:19 PM ET

SK77's avatar

Only thing Andersson offers is a chance for Babcock to sit Helm so he doesn’t play back to backs.

Posted by SK77 on 03/23/14 at 01:32 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I wouldn’t mind seeing Andes over Landon..

Anyways 12 games left. 2 in hand on Toronto. 1 point back.

16 - 20 points please.

Important game against Toronto and Columbus coming up.

Hard ones against Boston and Pit and St. Louis and Tampa.

Gonna get exciting.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 03/23/14 at 01:39 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Somebody coming OFF the injured list?

Surely you jest….

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/23/14 at 01:40 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Andersson is a better PKer than Ferraro has been and he’s a more-consistent 5-on-5 player than Emmerton.  I’d happily play him over either of those two.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 03/23/14 at 02:03 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Correct, JJ.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 03/23/14 at 02:06 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

Andersson is a faceoff winner

Posted by Rdwings28 on 03/23/14 at 02:25 PM ET

perfection's avatar

I don’t know what kind of shape he’s in physically, but this seems like a Gustavsson game to me. I know Jimmy’s won 3 in a row, but I think it’d be wise to get both guys going down the stretch here. Gustavsson has played great all year and I feel like we need to get him a game or two here and there in case we need to rely on him for whatever reason. Maybe he’s not 100% or maybe Babs is just more concerned with getting/keeping Jimmy hot, but back to back home/home stands seem like the perfect chance to split duties. But I’m not the coach…

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 03/23/14 at 03:12 PM ET

Khan(!) tweeting that Bryzer is net today for the Wild.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/23/14 at 03:14 PM ET

He was shut down for three weeks.  There’s no reason to expect any updates until after that period is up.

Posted by Garth on 03/23/14 at 03:22 PM ET

perfection's avatar

Jackets lose to the Islanders!

Makes tonight’s game all that much bigger

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 03/23/14 at 03:34 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Huge swing tonight. Com’on Devils. Beat the Laffs tonight!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 03/23/14 at 03:43 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 03/23/14 at 02:03 PM ET

Amen !!

Andersson is much better the that Ferraro and Emmerton together..period !

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 03/23/14 at 05:08 PM ET

alwaysaurie's avatar

Can’t see anything Andersson would bring that others don’t have.

——- - a common sentiment.

* He brings more than Ferraro.
* He brings more than Emmerton.

He brings more both EV & PK.

Posted by alwaysaurie on 03/23/14 at 05:42 PM ET