The Malik Report

Hope From Datsyuk

added 8:31pm, from Chuck Pleiness of Red Wings Front,

Here are updates on a few of the players from Wings general manager Ken Holland:

Datsyuk: “Don’t know what’s next. I’ll talk to the trainers and doctors to see what’s next, but right now he’s still going through the time he needs to give it a chance to heal.”

Zetterberg: “I don’t know when he’ll be cleared to skate. I’m told at around eight weeks he’ll be cleared for physical contact. I do know before the end of the season he’ll be back skating, but I just don’t know when.”

Weiss: “He had a second opinion. The second opinion was similar to that of the Philadelphia doctor, Myers’ opinion. I think what’s going to happen is he’ll get a cortisone injection, hoping it relieves things. We don’t know if it’s inflammation or if it’s a different issue or if it’s scar tissue. He feels OK going 65, 70, 75 percent, but when he pushes all out he feels pain and when he gets pain he backs back off. He’s been told to push through. He’s pushed through. We’re going to give him another 72 hours and keep our fingers crossed that there’s some progress.”

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

perfection's avatar

so Dats’ tweet and came here to giggle about it… oh man. Not a tweet Toronto and Columbus fans probably want to see right now. While their teams slide, the hottest current bubble team might only add the best player in the world back to their roster. ho hum

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 03/24/14 at 07:34 PM ET

Weiss is a bigger bust than Uwe Krupp.

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Legwand, Helm, Andersson, Sheahan. Weiss is superfluous and unnecessary. Too bad we’re saddled with him for 4 more years.

Posted by ZandPasha11 on 03/24/14 at 07:38 PM ET

Paul's avatar

You have witnessed the true Ken Holland,  Datsyuk skates, Holland says he doesn’t know what is next.

Holland does not tell all!

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/24/14 at 07:39 PM ET

PDXWing's avatar

Weiss is a bigger bust than Uwe Krupp.

That’s some myopic fan shit right there. What a ridiculous thing to say. The problem being that Weiss is the third best center on that list and allows the first two to play together.

Posted by PDXWing on 03/24/14 at 07:44 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by PDXWing on 03/24/14 at 08:44 PM ET

I tend to agree, however we might have to make Weiss’ new nickname “Puss”. cheese

Posted by calquake on 03/24/14 at 08:05 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Puss In skates Cal.. He needs a kick in the balls from Ted Lindsay. That 88 year old will get those crotch muscles straightened out. tongue wink

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/24/14 at 08:39 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

I believe nothing till I see it.

Posted by MoreShoot on 03/24/14 at 08:42 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Hurry back Pasha.

Posted by bigfrog on 03/24/14 at 08:55 PM ET

maybe he needs a 3rd opinion. i think i know what babcocks would be.

Posted by brians neck on 03/24/14 at 10:19 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

Dear All, I started skating. Hoping to play soon. Thanks for your support!
  — Pavel Datsyuk (@Datsyuk13) March 25, 2014[/quote

How I read it :

“Dear All, Camp is great. I made so many friends. I started skating. Hoping to play soon. Tomorrow we make shell jewelry.  Thanks for your support!”

— Pavel Datsyuk (@Datsyuk13) March 25, 2014

Still, GREAT news!

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 03/25/14 at 08:42 AM ET

NIVO's avatar

Come back when its safe to do so Pav! Love to see you on the ice.

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 03/25/14 at 09:43 AM ET

Crater's avatar

Weiss is a bigger bust than Uwe Krupp.

And he just might find himself bought out which would partially solve the spot for Legwand next season.

Posted by Crater from SoCal on 03/25/14 at 11:44 AM ET

Good news.  Here’s hoping the Sheahan/Tatar line remains intact.  What a frickin’ mess of a forwards group when everyone comes back from IR.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis on 03/25/14 at 12:40 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Hurry up, Pavs!  My fantasy hockey team needs you!

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 03/25/14 at 04:54 PM ET