The Malik Report

HNIC’s pre-Game 3 musical montage

HockeyWebCaster on YouTube posted the CBC's opening montage prior to Game 3 of the Red Wings-Hawks series, and it's pretty slick:

Update: For the record, I enjoyed the post-game montage, too, and it leads off a "Hockey Night Online" post-game show in which P.J. Stock and Andi Petrillo discussed Game 3:

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Love the shots of Cawks hitting Wings and not knocking them down and the 30-odd seconds of Toews being frustrated by Z.

Beautiful.

Posted by Garth on 05/21/13 at 02:29 PM ET

DontCry4MeJanHrdina's avatar

That was one hell of an intro! Loved every second of it, especially the war between Z and Toews.

Beautiful video, and thanks for the post.

Posted by DontCry4MeJanHrdina from Los Angeles on 05/21/13 at 02:35 PM ET

scotts0's avatar

Gosh, even in slow motion Toews looks like a crying bitch.

Posted by scotts0 from New York on 05/21/13 at 02:46 PM ET

1:26-1:29 of the video:  Toews bitched at Hossa???  And on the bench?  Seriously?

And he’s their team aptain?

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/21/13 at 02:50 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

That’s exactly what stuck out to me too SYF.  You know Hossa was probably just telling him to calm down and not let it get to him and then Toews explodes with “but but but he STARTED IT!”

Glorious.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/21/13 at 02:55 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Ohhhh, when’s someone gonna do a good “A Bad Lip Reading” for the NHL.  I’m sure there is some gold in this series footage, GOLD.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/21/13 at 02:57 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

The Hawks highlights consist of “Toes” whining to a teammate, slashing Z in the ankle, and getting knocked on his ass. Yup. That pretty much sums up this whole series.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 05/21/13 at 03:54 PM ET

scotts0's avatar

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 05/21/13 at 03:54 PM ET

Oh, Jackie Mac…I like you, but please…stick to basketball. You’re completely lost talking about hockey, as is everyone on Around the Horn…even Cowlishaw.

Posted by scotts0 from New York on 05/21/13 at 05:43 PM ET