The Malik Report

He’s up, he’s down, he’s Xavier Ouellet

The Red Wings won't play again until Saturday, and the Grand Rapids Griffins open a set of 3 games in 3 nights by hosting the Charlotte Checkers on Friday, so Xavier Ouellet's driving back up I-96 today:

RED WINGS SEND OUELLET TO GRIFFINS
… Defenseman has Played One Game with Detroit, Five with Grand Rapids as First-Year Pro …

DETROIT – The Detroit Red Wings today assigned defenseman Xavier Ouellet to the AHL’s Grand Rapids Griffins.

Ouellet, 20, made his NHL debut with Detroit on Monday, recording one shot, one hit and 17:15 of ice time in a 1-0 shootout loss to the San Jose Sharks on Monday. A first-year pro from Bayonne, France, Ouellet has also suited up in five games for the Griffins, registering two assists and a plus-one rating. Last season, he skated in 50 games with the QMJHL’s Blainville-Boisbriand Armada, recording 41 points and earning a spot on the QMJHL First All-Star Team for the second straight year. He finished his major junior career with 160 points (41-119-160) in 223 games from 2009-13 with Blainville-Boisbriand and the Montreal Juniors.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

NOOOO. I want him to play on Saturday!! George, as of right now, Kyle Quincey is -8 and Brendan Smith is -9, I believe. That is terrible. We just got throttled 6-1. Why not let Xavier play instead of Brendan Smith?

Posted by ZandPasha11 on 10/24/13 at 01:34 PM ET

w2j2's avatar

Send Quincey and Smith to Grand Rapids.
Give us Ouellete and Sproul.

Posted by w2j2 on 10/24/13 at 02:15 PM ET

w2j2's avatar

Have their been other NHL players from France?

Posted by w2j2 on 10/24/13 at 02:16 PM ET

hdw's avatar

Have their been other NHL players from France?

Cristobal Huet?

Posted by hdw on 10/24/13 at 03:21 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Cristobal Huet?

Posted by hdw on 10/24/13 at 03:21 PM ET

I believe he asked about NHL players…

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 10/24/13 at 05:18 PM ET