The Malik Report

Helm Sees A Back Specialist In New York

from Chuck Pleiness of Red Wings Front,

Darren Helm saw a back specialist in New York on Monday, who thinks he may have seen something different on the MRI.

“He gave him some medication,” Holland said. “We’re going to see where he’s at 4-5 days. When we’re back in town we’ll see how he’s responded to the medication, Friday or Saturday.”

continue for more on Helm's health issues...

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

42jeff's avatar

If he were in the military they’d give him some Motrin and send his ass back to work.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/25/13 at 07:07 PM ET

w2j2's avatar

I remember when Zetterberg was out with a back injury, they flew in a massage specialist from Sweden.  That was all it took.
(I don’t know what she looked like, but…what the heck, give her a call)
I bet Hudler still has her number…

(That injury was caused by a viscious cross check from Brad Stuart when he was with the Flames)

wink

Posted by w2j2 on 02/25/13 at 07:36 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Why wouldnt they have seen this specialist a week or three ago?

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/25/13 at 08:54 PM ET

Not sure which back specialist Helm and Holland are going to see in NYC.
However, If Micheal Neuwirth is not the one, they should make it their business to see him.
He saved both Gloria Estefan amd my former boss from being cripples.

Posted by howiehockey on 02/25/13 at 10:53 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 02/25/13 at 07:07 PM ET

Took Uncle Sam 1 year to do an X-ray on my back.  First time they gave me vicodin, then valum for the spasms, occassionally tramedol, yet I always got the feeling they didn’t believe it really hurt.  Took them a year.

Helm’s issue sounds exactly like mine and I had muscle issues because of a disc issue.  My disc WANTED to slip, so my muscles strain to hold it in place weakening one side and fatiguing the other.

They absolutely should’ve sent him to a specialist right off.  WTF is up with management lately, they seem to be making some bone-head moves all the way around.  Thank god they got hte Lashoff signing right.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/26/13 at 11:31 AM ET