The Malik Report

Hello from Traverse City

Thank you for both your concerns and criticism regarding my decision to not attend the first day of the Wings’ development camp. As it turns out, had I gotten an earlier start today, I would have made the one skate the gents took in the afternoon, but after some much-needed rest on Friday and Saturday morning, I got my errands and shopping done and chose to drive up here.

I am sorry about not fulfilling the entirety of my bargain, but both your kind words and critiques were the reason I chose to not wait until Monday to come up: you have asked me to provide a service, and have donated to the cause, and as such, it is my responsibility to deliver what I have promised. So here I am in Traverse City, and I will take a quick look-see to add what I can before going to bed early as 6 AM comes far too early for this night owl.

Let me know what you’d like me to focus on, again, in comments or via email, and I’ll try to be caught up on Wings links by Monday, hopefully.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Hello George.
Take your time on catching up on links.
Glad you made it up there.
Hope we didn’t drive you up the wall with our comments.
Tell us at least about the players that we’ll least be able to get info on in the coning year (i.e., foreign, tucked in the middle of nowhere).

Again, glad you’re better.

Posted by Bugsy on 07/08/12 at 12:03 AM ET

Chet's avatar

do we know if babs’ kid made the CR team? is he also a ginger?

wink

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 07/08/12 at 12:11 AM ET

calquake's avatar

George, I know my request may be asking a bit much but I’d like to know who you think is ready or nearly ready to go to the big boys league.  Also I apologize if I got out of line but some comments were not fair.  I was criticizing the unfairness of the comments, not defending you. cheese

Posted by calquake on 07/08/12 at 12:18 AM ET

Thanks George, great to see you made it. Honestly be yourself and approach as many people as possible. Do not be afraid to say I have this great blog and I would like to be able to contact you during the season. Would that be ok?

You are building a reputation and you will be shocked how many people would say yes.

Player Critics day by day is probably the most interesting in my opinion.

Posted by solo16 on 07/08/12 at 12:30 AM ET

George Malik's avatar

The criticism helped bring me up here so there is no need for anyone to apologize.

And my email is georgemalik at kuklaskorner dot com and I am always available.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 07/08/12 at 12:32 AM ET

3rdRoundDraftPick's avatar

I’m just jealous that you’re there and I’m not.

Posted by 3rdRoundDraftPick on 07/08/12 at 12:36 AM ET

For anyone curious, Lindy from Red Wings Central also is covering the prospect camp.  You can check out her observations from her blog, the Left Wing Lock:

Posted by Rob from Coyote Country on 07/08/12 at 12:37 AM ET

What could people possibly critize you for?  If people act like that they have too much time on their hands
Just do what you do.
The rest are probably the same people complaining about Holland

Posted by Ballgame from Philadelphia on 07/08/12 at 12:49 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

I don’t suppose it’s any secret that I would like to bang every female guest host of Saturday Night Live.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 07/08/12 at 01:42 AM ET

Surfer Ken's avatar

Even Betty White?

Posted by Surfer Ken from San Clemente on 07/08/12 at 02:19 AM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Even Betty White?

<snicker>

I’m really interested to see how the kids are developing, especially our higher prospects.  I think we’re all a little worried about how the future’s crop is going to save the team in lieu of this so-far-poor offseason.

Might be interesting to see if any new playing styles are hinted at, too…

I don’t know if you’re able or if its convenient, but it would be cool to see some video, too…

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 07/08/12 at 04:03 AM ET

Go and have the time of your life, George.  Let us know how the kids are doing

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 07/08/12 at 04:55 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Even Betty White?

Posted by Surfer Ken from San Clemente on 07/08/12 at 12:19 AM ET

She’s hot.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 07/08/12 at 11:32 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

George, any news about why Paek isn’t there?

Just go to what you want to watch and tell us what you see.

cool smile