The Malik Report

He Shall Return

Paul here…

George asked that I tell you he has been having ISP issues for the last 20 hours or so and he may not be back online until tomorrow.

He has some customer service stories I am sure he will be sharing with you.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

You can’t just use the title “He shall return” with out wings fans thinking that Lidstrom or Homer will be returning….. Hope George is back soon though.

Posted by Brad from United States on 05/01/12 at 10:45 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Posted by Brad from United States on 05/01/12 at 08:45 PM ET

I was just coming in here to say the same thing!

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 05/01/12 at 10:47 PM ET

cowboycoffee's avatar

Nicks back! Hooray…. wait a minute…

Posted by cowboycoffee from San Francisco, CA on 05/01/12 at 10:55 PM ET

Jacob Russell's avatar

Dammit Paul, don’t do that to me!

Posted by Jacob Russell from Grand Rapids, MI on 05/01/12 at 11:04 PM ET

Paul's avatar

The date is May 1st, not late June.

Sorry if I did get your hopes up.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/01/12 at 11:04 PM ET

Is Peggy his IT guy?

Posted by howie young from up north on 05/02/12 at 10:13 AM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Is Peggy his IT guy?

Posted by howie young from up north on 05/02/12 at 08:13 AM ET

I believe so.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 05/02/12 at 10:51 AM ET

Paul's avatar

That one got a chuckle out of me, HY.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/02/12 at 11:09 AM ET

George Malik's avatar

Net’s been down for 32 hoursAfter an hour of waiting on hold no less….and Peggy says she hopes to have it restored by 5 pm.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 05/02/12 at 12:03 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

How does she shoot from the left side?

And Paul, please, no mind games, even unintended!

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/02/12 at 03:11 PM ET

Naughty boy, you no pay bill!

Posted by RyanVM from Philly on 05/02/12 at 03:12 PM ET

cowboycoffee's avatar

Peg-gy, Peg-gy, Peg-gy, Peg-gy

Posted by cowboycoffee from San Francisco, CA on 05/02/12 at 04:25 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Jimmy Devellano interview, starts about 2:30 into this audio cast on wdfn radio site.

Wings will be aggressive, he says,  we know how the wings operate?  That hasn’t struck me as the case.  Bigger and tougher?  Ok, but you wouldn’t pass on a 30 goal scorer who’s on the small side would you?

Bigger and tougher probably means letting Hudler go, disregarding he was the second leading goal scorer and also scored in the playoffs, and just missed off the pipe again.

Talk is cheap but he can’t communicate too much, although Jimmy is always pretty forthright in interviews.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/02/12 at 06:35 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

I’d be just fine seeing the little tyke move on.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/02/12 at 06:41 PM ET

shanetx's avatar

I’d be just fine seeing the little tyke move on.

Likewise.  He strikes me as one of the more reliable Wings forwards but he’s not exactly going to turn into a PPG player.  Oh, he could score more playing on a line with Datsyuk but then again so could my grandmother’s cat (okay, that’s a lie.  She’s allergic).  Hudler is fully realized at this point, whereas I feel Filppula, despite being the same age, still has some potential growing left.

I honestly am not sure that Drew Miller couldn’t score about as many goals on Z’s wing as Hudler did and we know he’s not a top six guy.  Eaves, if he’s back to where he was at the start of the year, is probably in the same shape but they can both do other things as well, add more dimensions.  Hudler not so much.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 05/03/12 at 06:46 PM ET