The Malik Report

Grand Rapids Griffins go ‘Between the Benches’ for Calder Cup playoffs…For 15 minutes!

The Grand Rapids Griffins have posted the first of what they promise will be a SIX-part video series chronicling the Griffins' Calder Cup run...

And their first video is FIFTEEN minutes long:

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Great stuff. Blashill’s reaction to Tatar droppin em is hilarious…not unlike, I’m sure, Babs’ reaction to Dats going with Perry.

Posted by godblender on 07/08/13 at 03:39 PM ET

Neznarf's avatar

Just me or does Blashill sound exactly like Babcock.

Posted by Neznarf on 07/08/13 at 03:59 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Tatar is gonna be a stud up here. Especially against bottom 6 competition.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/08/13 at 04:26 PM ET

Bugsy's avatar

Just me or does Blashill sound exactly like Babcock.

Posted by Neznarf on 07/08/13 at 03:59 PM ET

You’re not the first person to note that. Earlier in the year, the debate was whether they sent Bashill to GR and got Renney because they needed a good cop so to speak as a buffer for Babcock the bad cop. Having Babcock and Bashill both may have been too much of an imbalance last year for the team.

Posted by Bugsy on 07/08/13 at 04:32 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I was listening to WOOD radio GR before a playoff game and thought it was Babcock right up to the end of the interview when I found myself stunned.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 07/08/13 at 05:12 PM ET

Pharazon's avatar

Tatar is gloriously cocky

Posted by Pharazon from England on 07/08/13 at 05:23 PM ET

I love that vid.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 07/09/13 at 01:04 PM ET