The Malik Report

Garrioch: Daniel Alfredsson will speak with Ottawa media on Thursday

Via Winging it in Motown as Bruce Garrioch's blocked me on Twitter, and he refuses to un-block me: Red Wings forward and former Ottawa Senators forward Daniel Alfredsson will indeed speak with the Senators' press corps this week:

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

bezukov's avatar

How did you come to be blocked?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 08/13/13 at 10:04 AM ET

LivinLaVidaLockout's avatar

How did you come to be blocked?

Posted by

bezukov

from the kids are alright. on 08/13/13 at 10:04 AM ET

Yes George, please tell us the story.

Posted by LivinLaVidaLockout on 08/13/13 at 10:10 AM ET

Da lil Guy's avatar

Alfie’s press conference could be illuminating.

Jason Spezza recently indicated during a radio interview that he had spoken to Alfie and been given ‘his side of the story’, but declined to ellaborate saying it wasn’t his place. At the very least, that suggests that Alfie’s perspective on the situation is a little different from what we’ve been hearing from the team.

I’d also be interested to hear how George came to be Garri-blocked.

Posted by Da lil Guy from Guelph, Ontario on 08/13/13 at 11:16 AM ET

George Malik's avatar

I suggested that Garrioch makes things up from time to time. The “league sources” seem far too conveniently-placed around trade deadline time.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 08/13/13 at 11:22 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

That’s pretty hilarious George.  Garrioch would make an excellent addition to the college football press which that m/o.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 08/13/13 at 11:35 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I might buy a Red Wings Alfredsson jersey if he stands in front of the press and says he loves everything about Ottawa except for Melnyk and the way he’s handled things.

Personally, this whole thing could just as easily (and probably should) go away, but if they’re going to keep talking about it, then I think Alfie responding with every bit as much manipulative venom as Melnyk last used would be incredible theater.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 08/13/13 at 11:49 AM ET