The Malik Report

FTR post: No Selke for Red Wings’ Pavel Datsyuk

As noted by MLive’s Ansar Khan, the Associated Press and others, Patrice Bergeron won the Selke Trophy as the league’s best defensive forward, with Wings center Pavel Datsyuk finishing 3rd in voting.

The voting for the top ten, via me, on Twitter:

Selke votes in “points”: Bergeron 1,312 Backes 698 Datsyuk 553 Callahan 326 Kesler 152 Toews 117 Fisher 72 Staal 67 Kopitar 62 Sharp 52.

Also:

Wings mentions in awards thus far: Holland got 8 points in GM’s award, Babs got 1 3rd place vote for Adams..Nick 132 points & 5th in Norris.
...
Nicklas Lidstrom finished 6th in Lady Byng balloting with 247 points, and Datsyuk finished 9th with 137.

Update: Via RedWingsFeed, the one question: Who’s the lady accompanying Datsyuk to the awards in the Detroit News’s AP report? He very quietly got divorced a couple of seasons ago, and that ain’t Elizabeth.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

I came back to this entry to ask the same question, George, but I know noted that you’ve updated the entry. You know there will be a LOT of people asking the same question.

Posted by Bugsy on 06/21/12 at 01:27 AM ET

George Malik's avatar

The Red Wings’ website posted the picture, too, so it’s apparently not, as Datsyuk would say, a KGB secret.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 06/21/12 at 01:35 AM ET

Took a look over at Getty Images. No dice on ID. FWIW, Robert Blake Theodore Lindsay poses with a women a lot taller than him in one photo. I’m not going to guess, since I don’t any clue on relatives, etc.

Posted by Bugsy on 06/21/12 at 01:36 AM ET

George Malik's avatar

There’s another one in Daylife’s Wings gallery. I don’t want to really talk about it after this…I’d prefer to let other people ask the questions, mostly because I’ve assumed that he got divorced, but can’t confirm that, and…

It’s his private life.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 06/21/12 at 01:37 AM ET

George Malik's avatar

Ted went with his wife and I believe a couple of his daughters per his Twitter account, @TedLindsay07.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 06/21/12 at 01:39 AM ET

Sorry, consider it dropped.

Posted by Bugsy on 06/21/12 at 01:44 AM ET

George Malik's avatar

No no, you can talk about it all you want.  I just don’t want to be the conversation starter too regularly. If I make a point of it in my blog entries, well, that’s not very professional of me. Once I put stuff out there, it’s up to everybody else to comment on it…and I just want to tread lightly myself out of professional courtesy and respect for the guy.

That’s part of my job description.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 06/21/12 at 02:09 AM ET

I understand George. I think I (and a lot of people) have got caught up in the “just because we can find out anything, especially with the internet, we should” mindset. We are all far from perfect, but you reminded me I’d rather come closer to the professional standard/courtesy/respect you’re holding yourself to for myself, too,... well, at least most of the time tongue wink

Good night, George

Posted by Bugsy on 06/21/12 at 02:29 AM ET

rrasco's avatar

That’s his business, but if Pavel’s happy, I’m happy.

Posted by rrasco from TEXAS on 06/21/12 at 10:36 PM ET