The Malik Report

Frustrate The Heck Out Of The Ducks

I have watched numerous games involving the Ducks this season and have noticed they haven't taken as many penalties as they have in the past.

Some of those penalties in previous seasons were of head-scratching variety, taken at the wrong time of the game and/or actually changed the momentum in favor of the opposing team.

Boudreau has done a good job of stressing those types of penalties will not be tolerated but the Ducks do on occasion still have it in them to do the unthinkable.

Below, witness Corey Perry losing it in a game in late January. If the Wings can frustrate the Ducks and cause them to take the unnecessary penalty, they will be one step ahead of the Ducks.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

BC's avatar

Paul, you are spot on.  The cheap crap may no longer be part of the game plan, but it is forever part of the DNA.

Posted by BC on 04/30/13 at 05:23 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

That’s exactly what I said in the Master Chief’s Ready-Set-Vomit post. Fortunately, the Wings have two guys who can do exactly that. Yup, Tooter is one. But I’d suggest that Pavel is the other, especially where Corey Fairy is concerned.

After getting his ass handed to him by Pavel in their historic fight, I think Pavel’s in the douchebag frat-boy’s head. If he nails him along the boards a few times, or catches him off-guard and knocks him on his ass, that little punk will revert to the 12-year-old mentality that defines who he really is.

The only question for me about tonight’s game, and the entire series, concerns what kind of game the refs are going to call. Will the refs call the Wings for penalties on legitimate plays and then look the other way when the Ducks goon it up, especially after the whistle? Or will they call the game/series according to the rules? Since I have no faith in the Midget Emperor and his staff of zebras, I’m afraid it may very well be the former.

But if, by some miracle, these games are reffed fairly, well, then the Wings have a better than even chance of making the Duckies cry. And wouldn’t that be sweet.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 04/30/13 at 05:27 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

He’s a bitch. That’s all there is to it.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 05:34 PM ET

edillac's avatar

yup

Posted by edillac from isolation on 04/30/13 at 05:49 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Hi Paul,

Did you like my blog at all?  If it sucked be totally honest. I can take it. I’d love to keep writing.

DAN M

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 07:00 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Dan M, My opinion doesn’t matter, let the readers decide.

You did have some formatting issues, email me tomorrow and we can go over it.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/30/13 at 07:03 PM ET