The Malik Report

Free Press snags quite the Tomas Holmstrom moment

All credit goes to the Free Press's James Jahnke for this one: Tomas Holmstrom's moving back to Sweden this summer (frown), the current Novi resident's become a spokesman for the Swedish mobile phone company T3, though the "Tomas Holmstrom Barbecue" looks more like what opposing teams' defensemen did to Holmstrom than what he did to goaltenders:

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

Great find George, funny.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/07/14 at 10:33 AM ET

SK77's avatar

Awesome, thanks for sharing!  LOL

Posted by SK77 on 05/07/14 at 10:41 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

I hear they offered the job to Samuelsson, but he kept firing the pucks over the garage.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 05/07/14 at 11:01 AM ET

George Malik's avatar

Samuelsson sprained his hand when he hit his thumb with the hammer.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 05/07/14 at 11:07 AM ET

Saw Homer a few months back at a bar in Novi (rhymes with Smilted Filt) and, as always, I’m just shocked how small guys look out of uniform.  He was having a good time though.

I’m now approaching the age where the list of players I get all nostalgic about because they’ve been retired for years is starting to dwarf the size of the active roster.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 05/07/14 at 11:16 AM ET

Well, I just spewed a wonderful mid-morning mug-a Java out my nose.  Great find, G!

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/07/14 at 11:24 AM ET

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

I’m surprised the didn’t have someone throwing the steaks at him and then had him tip them onto the grill.

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 05/07/14 at 11:40 AM ET

gowings's avatar

Loved it! Great find! Thanks

Posted by gowings from MTL on 05/07/14 at 01:59 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

Homer has never shot from that far out before.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 05/07/14 at 10:10 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Just made my day! Thanks George!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!