The Malik Report

Filppula hurt during strange exchange at Red Wings’ bench

Updated 2x: The Red Wings have lost Valtteri Filppula's services thanks to a strange exchange with Andrew Shaw at the bench, after Shaw went after Henrik Zetterberg. Quoth Pierre McGuire: "Good Non Call."

Slew foot?

Update:

Update: MLive's Ansar Khan got a "no update" from Ken Holland.

Update #2: World of Isaac showed a clip of Filppula's shift, believes he was hurt beforehand:

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

Elliotte Friedman tweet…

Filppula on crutches.. Appears to be ankle injury

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/29/13 at 08:37 PM ET

HockeyFanOhio's avatar

I wouldn’t call it a “strange exchange” but a douche bag move by Shaw.  He purposely blocked the entrance to the Wings bench.

Posted by HockeyFanOhio from Central Ohio on 05/29/13 at 08:50 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

Of course, a Hawks player gets where he isnt supposed to be, interferes with 2 players trying to get out of the ice, push and shoves, hurts a player in a very dangerous trip, and of course, its “good non call”

And people wonder why Wings fans use tin foil hats….

Posted by Zqto on 05/29/13 at 08:51 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

Whoever thinks I might be exagerating things, pay attention to the feets of Filpula and Shaw on the video
Shaw deliberatly trips Filpula with his feet

Posted by Zqto on 05/29/13 at 08:52 PM ET

HockeyFanOhio's avatar

I do believe that is called a slew foot.

Posted by HockeyFanOhio from Central Ohio on 05/29/13 at 08:59 PM ET

Good noncall on cleary crosscheck from bench baldy obviously couldnt see the shaw trip from his locale and didnt realize fil was hurt

Posted by jkm2011 on 05/29/13 at 09:00 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

Ya, Slewfoot, forgot the name for it in english =P

Pathetic… It doesnt even matter if Filp got hurt before, this is a freaking dangerous move

Posted by Zqto on 05/29/13 at 09:04 PM ET

The amount of dirty play Shaw has gotten away with in the playoffs so far is amazing.
Typical NHL non-call and I’m sure we won’t hear from Shannahan on it either.

Posted by grndlprm on 05/29/13 at 09:33 PM ET

cainer4wingsglory's avatar

Fil’s outta the game? Hadn’t really noticed…

Posted by cainer4wingsglory on 05/29/13 at 09:51 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Slew foot gets supplemental discipline right?

BWA HA AHA HA HA AHA HA HA HA Haa

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/29/13 at 11:39 PM ET

d ca's avatar

All I got to say on this one is that Yzerman would have played on one foot.

oh wait he did…..