The Malik Report

Excused absence

My apologies for not being around to do my job over the last 24 hours…Between exhaustion on my part and a health scare for the parent which has me writing this from the parking lot of the doctor’s office which asked the parent to come in immediately for a follow-up appointment, my priorities are regrettably elsewhere today. I shall return to work as soon as my and especially my parent’s health circumstances allow, and again, I apologize for the interruption in service.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Evilpens's avatar

Parents are number 1 concern George & your health is number 2. Prayers to you & your family. Hope everything is fine with your Parent & you too

Posted by Evilpens on 03/21/12 at 03:16 PM ET

Ditto.

Posted by BobTheZee on 03/21/12 at 03:24 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

George, you don’t have to glued to your computer.

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 03/21/12 at 03:27 PM ET

jimathor's avatar

George, I say it about once a month and I’ll say it again, you never have to apologise to us dude, you need to focus on your health and on your family’s health above and beyond anything sport related.

Hope everything is okay.

Posted by jimathor from The land of Sir Humblepatch of Bumblehound on 03/21/12 at 03:28 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

+1 more to the no need to apologize sentiment here.
Family is WAY more important.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/21/12 at 03:33 PM ET

Please don’t worry about it George…you are a GREAT son and an inspiration to all of us smile

Posted by Nat from MTL on 03/21/12 at 03:34 PM ET

DrewBehr's avatar

Your dedication is unmatched, George. My best wishes to you and your family at this time.

Posted by DrewBehr from The Mitten on 03/21/12 at 03:46 PM ET

George, may I add a ditto to all of the senitments expressed here.  Your own health and that of your parent need to come first.  Don’t worry about us; take care of yourself and your family.

Posted by Karen W. from Cleveland, OH on 03/21/12 at 03:49 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Ditto to what everyone above said.  Take care of you and your Mom.  We’ll always be here.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/21/12 at 03:57 PM ET

Ajax19's avatar

Agree with everyone above.  You never have to apologize, George.  You go so far beyond the call of duty with each and every post you make that it’s kind of crazy.  While I never feel quite as connected with the Wings when you aren’t around to conveniently scour the entirety of the internet and beyond for every scrap of even potentially Wings related news, you and your family come first.  Always.

Hang in there, man.  I hope all is well.

Posted by Ajax19 on 03/21/12 at 04:07 PM ET

shazam88's avatar

All the best to your parents.  Just take care of what matters.

Posted by shazam88 from SoCal on 03/21/12 at 04:17 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

One more voice to agree what all the other have said.

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 03/21/12 at 05:28 PM ET

DocF's avatar

We all miss when when parent or health issues intervene.  We also all understand that these things have priority.  Be back when you can.

Doc

Posted by DocF from Now: Lynn Haven, FL; was Reidsville, NC on 03/21/12 at 05:44 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

Mom had a basal cell sarcoma removed from her left temple,. She’s OK, she had one more chunk of “stuff” removed from the other side of her forehead, but the doc thinks that one is no biggie.

I’ve never seen her cry about her health or be as angry as she was prior to the appointment. She was really terrified that she might have had to go out to U of M to have it removed surgically…It’s apparently a virulent form of skin cancer, and she’s seen patients at her place of employment have major difficulties with said issues.

We’re still on the hook until her other chunk of skin is looked at, but she’s very relieved.

I’m relieved ‘cause she’s the only parent I’ve got left.

As I just told Paul, my house is scary right now—the mom also is having issues with the herniated disc in her back acting up, so she’s in a lot of pain, and the aunt’s auto-immune issues are torqued up like nobody’s business, so she’s ill as well.

Thanks to all the narcotics being taken around here, I’m the healthiest and sanest one here, and that’s scary!

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 03/21/12 at 06:02 PM ET

HockeyFanOhio's avatar

George, take care of your family first and foremost.  We love what you do but completely understand.

Posted by HockeyFanOhio from Central Ohio on 03/21/12 at 10:39 PM ET