The Malik Report

Evening Line, TMR version: ‘They’re smart, they hold you’

Did my best to offer a quick take regarding the rest of the Red Wings' 5-4 shootout win.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Oh, like you didn’t???  STFU, Hossa.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 01/22/14 at 11:37 PM ET

alwaysaurie's avatar

Oh, like you didn’t???  STFU, Hossa.

umm, I feel like I should say something here.

He wasn’t insulting the Red Wings, he was complimenting them.

Posted by alwaysaurie on 01/22/14 at 11:54 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Alwaysaurie ::

That’s is not a compliment!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 01/23/14 at 12:04 AM ET

I will always hate him for his choke job in 2009. A few more goals from him and we might have another Cup.

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 01/23/14 at 12:10 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Wah, wah, wah.

Posted by calquake on 01/23/14 at 12:13 AM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Reminds me a bit of the whining that took place during the Cup finals in 2008, specifically michelle therein during the post game.

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/23/14 at 12:16 AM ET

I can understand where Hossa’s coming from.  The angelic Hawks led by perennial Lady Byng nominee and cleanest player ever to lace up skates Duncan Keith should have had at least 20 power plays to the Wings 1 at most.  What an officiating travesty this was.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/23/14 at 12:22 AM ET

HAHAHAHAHA angelic hawks…. your in the wrong blog my friend. you are kinda asking for it coming here and talking about cleanest player lol… you know, to the team with the best two-way forward ect. ect…. suck it and go somewhere else. hossa’s a whinny B – it aint classy to give anything more than stoic hockey comments after a game.

Posted by redrum on 01/23/14 at 12:33 AM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

Hossa < Richard Sherman

Posted by The Hurricane on 01/23/14 at 01:01 AM ET

Bent's avatar

Oh, like you didn’t???  STFU, Hossa.

umm, I feel like I should say something here.

He wasn’t insulting the Red Wings, he was complimenting them.

Posted by alwaysaurie on 01/22/14 at 11:54 PM ET

Definately what I would call a backhanded compliment.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 01/23/14 at 01:13 AM ET

Figaro's avatar

Subtle Interference.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 01/23/14 at 01:24 AM ET

perfection's avatar

a kerchief for those tears Maid Marian??

it’s funny that he essentially attributed our victory to borderline illegal, savvy, veteran maneuvering yet we iced a mostly AHL team. suck it Hoss

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 01/23/14 at 01:33 AM ET

Posted by redrum on 01/23/14 at 12:33 AM ET

Dude, he was being sarcastic.

And Valek’s a Wings fan and a damn fine one, too.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 01/23/14 at 01:40 AM ET

alwaysaurie's avatar

That’s is not a compliment!

He said we’re smart to do that.

Do you think Hossa considers himself smart?

Do you think that Hossa doesn’t do the same thing?

I happen to know that Hossa does the same thing, I’ve seen it dozens of times. Re-read the first quote:

Posted by alwaysaurie on 01/23/14 at 01:41 AM ET

Posted by redrum on 01/23/14 at 12:33 AM ET

Dude, he was being sarcastic.

And Valek’s a Wings fan and a damn fine one, too.

Posted by SYF from calquake’s rug inspection office on 01/23/14 at 01:40 AM ET

Yeah, forgot to change to sarcastifont when I posted, thanks for the backup SYF.  No worries on the verbal flaying, redrum.  It was actually a bit tame compared to some of the texts I sent to my Hawk fan friends around here.  I was not a kind or pleasant winner.  cheese

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/23/14 at 01:51 AM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

whine a little more Hossa cause the AHL Griffins beat you !!!!!!  with all thew crap the refs let the Cawks get away with and the lame calls on the Wings after they tied the game ... and then top it off with the dipchit NBC announcers who can’t announce a fair game when the Red Wings are playing.  Its so sad the the entire NHL is so jealous of the Red Wings organization.

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 01/23/14 at 02:00 AM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

Posted by redrum on 01/23/14 at 12:33 AM ET

Dude, he was being sarcastic.

And Valek’s a Wings fan and a damn fine one, too.

Posted by SYF from calquake’s rug inspection office on 01/23/14 at 01:40 AM ET

yeah, I could smell the sarcasm way over here in West Michigan

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 01/23/14 at 02:03 AM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

That’s is not a compliment!
He said we’re smart to do that.

Do you think Hossa considers himself smart?
Do you think that Hossa doesn’t do the same thing?
“It was great hockey. Lots of intensity, lots of tight battles, small holds and the referee couldn’t see it.”

Posted by alwaysaurie on 01/23/14 at 01:41 AM ET

Mark Lazerus @MarkLazerus
Marian Hossa: “That’s how it is against this team. They’re smart, they hold you.” #Blackhawks #RedWings

THEY HOLD YOU !!!
case closed !!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 01/23/14 at 02:18 AM ET

bleep bloop's avatar

That’s is not a compliment!

He only wants a hug!

the AHL Griffins beat you

Plus the assist machines known as Zetterberg and Abdelkader(!)

Posted by bleep bloop on 01/23/14 at 02:18 AM ET

Alan's avatar

I really liked that non-call on the goalie interference. Gus gets tripped? Pfffft, that’s a non-call.

NBC: National Broadcaster of Chicago. I’m betting Oldsuck was inconsolable when he found out they’d have to cheer for Toronto in the Winter Classic.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/23/14 at 02:19 AM ET

George Malik's avatar

Yeah, I wasn’t a fan of the whole Kronwall gets tripped into Gustavsson yielding a stumble and a goal against issue myself.

Both teams got away with quite a bit and the refereeing was predictably situational—i.e. it depended on both the time of the game and the score.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 01/23/14 at 02:34 AM ET

Best team in the league lost to a hybrid team of NHL/AHL players who is barely clawing its way into the playoffs and Hossa is whining?
Come on now

Posted by George0211 on 01/23/14 at 08:12 AM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Sounds like Eddie “Subtle Interference/Patch of Ice” Oldick has been spreading his his BS in the locker room, in between Kane/Toews blowjobs.

The Cawks are so used to NBC, NHL and everyone else coddling them and telling them how great they are that they simply cant fathom how they got beat by an AHL team unless that team cheated somehow.

Posted by Hootinani on 01/23/14 at 09:35 AM ET

Dude, he was being sarcastic.

And Valek’s a Wings fan and a damn fine one, too.

Posted by SYF from calquake’s rug inspection office on 01/23/14 at 01:40 AM ET

I stand corrected. My apologies, I kinda trolled it up big there… booze…

GOWINGS!

Posted by redrum on 01/23/14 at 10:27 AM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Ever since Hossa moved on to the Hawks, he’s become the same kind of whiner as “Captain” Johnny Boy and his buddy 20¢. I would have thought he’d have brought some maturity to that team. Looks like exactly the opposite has happened.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 01/23/14 at 12:07 PM ET

So much hurt butt in this thread, and after a win too!

Posted by Garth on 01/23/14 at 12:37 PM ET

alwaysaurie's avatar

So much hurt butt in this thread, and after a win too!

amen.

Posted by alwaysaurie on 01/23/14 at 04:44 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

I was going to say the same thing. I was at the game last night so it looks like I missed the part of Eddie O. spewing his garbage and Slackhawk love. I also assume Penguin lover cue Ball McGuire was also doing the broadcast.

Posted by bigfrog on 01/23/14 at 09:16 PM ET