The Malik Report

ESPN Hockey Experts Pick Nashville

Paul for George.

12 NHL Experts at ESPN, 10 pick the Nashville Predators to win the series.

All the other series are predicted too.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Red Winger's avatar

And the two that pick the Wings are Linda Cohn and Jesse Rogers.

Oh, man.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/09/12 at 01:34 PM ET

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

This series is going to suck so bad. Even if the Wings win, it’s going to kill me.

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 04/09/12 at 01:47 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

I think being the underdog for the Wings is good. Maybe it’ll light that much needed fire under their butts.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 04/09/12 at 01:48 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

As others have said. Good. I remember alot of people picking the Avs in 2008, too.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 04/09/12 at 01:50 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Well, Mr. Weber has made a good show of being a more controlled, mature hockey player this year. But it wasn’t that long ago that you could get him mad in a hurry with the right provocation. I wouldn’t mind seeing a little bit of that. Of course, to do that, you have to take care of the puck you your zone so you can dump it into his.  Bombs away.

Posted by MoreShoot on 04/09/12 at 01:58 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

With all my heart and emotions, I’ll be pulling for the Wings. If I was a degernate gambler putting down my hard earned cash, I’d put it on Bubba.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/09/12 at 02:29 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

That stupid game tying goal with seconds to go on Saturday cost us a chance to play PHX, the Wings personal bitch over the last few years.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/09/12 at 02:31 PM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

I’m not sure which is more ridiculous between Linda Cohn being an ‘expert’ or the fact that everyone there is picking the Preds.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 04/09/12 at 02:32 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Phx has won 5 in a row, and their goaltender is as good as Rinne.

Posted by MoreShoot on 04/09/12 at 02:36 PM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 04/09/12 at 01:31 PM ET

Pass on a third straight year of cross country travel and late nights to start the playoffs.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 04/09/12 at 02:39 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Usually when Melrose picks against us, good things happen.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/09/12 at 02:51 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Score 3, give up 2, you win.  Is the offense there?  Maybe.  Is the defense there?  Again Maybe.  I just can’t see Bubba beating the Wings in this series unless Rinne steals it.  At that point I don’t think it would matter who the Preds were playing.

Posted by calquake on 04/09/12 at 02:59 PM ET

BettmenSucks79's avatar

Isn’t ESPN and Hockey Expert an oxymoron?

Posted by BettmenSucks79 on 04/09/12 at 03:08 PM ET

Aaahhh, let ‘em pick.  I don’t give a shit.

The only thing that matters to me is the Wings playing playoff hockey.  And it had better be something way more different and better than that clusterfuch of a regular season.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 04/09/12 at 06:09 PM ET

Some experts. looks like Jesse Rogers didn’t like being the minority and switched to preds in 7? lol they are all goofs at ESPN

Posted by Splints on 04/09/12 at 07:31 PM ET

I would also like to point out that ever since we lost to edmonton in the first round in 2006. They have been picking us to lose consistantly (2007 - WCF, 2008 - SC, 2009 - SCF, 2010 WCSF, 2011 WCSF)

Posted by Splints on 04/09/12 at 07:48 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Weren’t the Wings the underdogs against Phoenix two years ago as well?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/09/12 at 08:05 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

Experts?  Shit.  Bunch of idiots maybe with the exception of Buci.

When 11 of 12 pick against us…..............we’ll prove them wrong.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/10/12 at 01:36 AM ET