The Malik Report

Ericsson Will Have Surgery Today On Finger

added 12:54pm, DeKeyser now the #2 dman...

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

Khan reports Ericsson is out at least 2 weeks.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/19/14 at 12:45 PM ET

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

This whole season has been a broken middle finger.

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 03/19/14 at 12:59 PM ET

I hope Q and Smith will not be reunited now, hope 75 games or so they had together were enough for Babs to understand those 2 cannot play together (and quite decent separately).

Posted by VPalmer on 03/19/14 at 01:15 PM ET

LivinLaVidaLockout's avatar

This whole season has been a broken middle finger.

heh.

Posted by LivinLaVidaLockout on 03/19/14 at 01:16 PM ET

I hope Q and Smith will not be reunited now

From Khan(!): “Babcock said he’ll put Smith in Ericsson’s spot on top D pairing with Kronwall. DeKeyser will stay with Quincey.”

Posted by Garth on 03/19/14 at 01:28 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks Garth.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/19/14 at 01:30 PM ET

If this was playoffs would he be playing with it taped up? I guess its impossible to know. IT SUCKS.

Posted by brians neck on 03/19/14 at 01:33 PM ET

Good!

Posted by VPalmer on 03/19/14 at 01:52 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

If this was playoffs would he be playing with it taped up

If not for surgery, more than likely. But after inserting a pin it needs some down time to heal at least a little bit.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/19/14 at 02:05 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

If this was playoffs would he be playing with it taped up

Yikes, Ericson has a hard enough time not handing the puck over to the other team, I’d hate to see what would happen with a broken digit.

Posted by MurrayChadwick on 03/19/14 at 02:08 PM ET

Tracy from T-Town Hockey 's avatar

He played with a broken finger in the playoffs before.  I can’t remember what year.  Lidstrom spoke about it in an interview once.  He didn’t say which hand or finger it was.

Posted by Tracy from T-Town Hockey on 03/19/14 at 02:37 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

So, who gets the next call?  Ouellett?  Sproul?  Almquist ?

Posted by MoreShoot on 03/19/14 at 02:46 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

This whole season has been a broken middle finger.

This is, by far, the comment in months. Thank you.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/19/14 at 03:09 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

@chris-I meant to say, ” the best comment in months.”

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/19/14 at 03:14 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Adam Almquist has been recalled.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/19/14 at 03:40 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Adam Almquist has been recalled.

Boo-yah!  Put the little guy in there and let him have some PP time.  Why not?

Posted by MoreShoot on 03/19/14 at 03:53 PM ET

w2j2's avatar

If he had a bad enough fracture to require a pin insertion, my guess is he is out of the line up for 6 - 8 weeks.

Posted by w2j2 on 03/19/14 at 03:54 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Yabs !!!! =  Yet another bloody Swed..Good luck Adam!!  grin LOL wink

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 03/19/14 at 03:57 PM ET

From Khan(!) last night: “Ericsson might need surgery tomorrow to have pin placed in broken finger, Holland said. Would speed recovery. Out at least 10 days.”

Posted by Garth on 03/19/14 at 04:06 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Wings just tweeted…

UPDATE: Jonathan Ericsson has undergone successful surgery. He’s expected to miss 4-6 weeks

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/19/14 at 04:11 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Day to day, 10 days….. 6 weeks… what’s the flipping difference anymore.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/19/14 at 04:15 PM ET

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/19/14 at 04:11 PM ET

A truly insane season for injuries.  Just nothing like it.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/19/14 at 04:28 PM ET

Jeebus…

Posted by Garth on 03/19/14 at 04:31 PM ET

Tracy from T-Town Hockey 's avatar

Is there a sight out there that shows man games lost by a team per year?

Posted by Tracy from T-Town Hockey on 03/19/14 at 04:42 PM ET

Tracy, clicky.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/19/14 at 04:52 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

PUT ME IN COACH! I’M 250 POUNDS OF MEAT AND I SKATE FORWARD DECENTLY I HATE THE LEAFS AND I USE A LIDSTROM CURVE STICK! wink

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 03/19/14 at 05:40 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

I am a light weight, but still fast. I can skate around the slower players if I could skate better. That’s why I played goal. I couldn’t skate fast enough. lol

Posted by bigfrog on 03/19/14 at 06:54 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Not with your history of concussions malik

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 03/19/14 at 08:48 PM ET

Tracy from T-Town Hockey 's avatar

Tracy, clicky.

Thanks, I was away from the computer for a few days (gasp) or I would have thanked you sooner.

Posted by Tracy from T-Town Hockey on 03/22/14 at 11:25 AM ET

Posted by Tracy from T-Town Hockey on 03/22/14 at 11:25 AM ET

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/22/14 at 12:16 PM ET