The Malik Report

Emmerton On Waivers & Helm On LTIR

added 12:39pm, per St, James tweet, Wings will  place Helm on LTIR Monday.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Glendening as 4th line center? Call him up after LTIR can be made.

Posted by lancer on 09/29/13 at 11:58 AM ET

Glendening has a bigger cap hit than Emmerton and doesn’t solve the too many forwards, not enough roster spots dilemma.

I would think either 1) Z and Pav would be split up and push Andersson down to the 4th line and Weiss to the 3rd line. Or 2) Abby gets 4th line center duty and Cleary takes his spot on the top line.

Posted by AZWinger on 09/29/13 at 12:29 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Glendening as 4th line center? Call him up after LTIR can be made.

I thought Glendening had a higher cap hit, not that I disapprove giving G his shot: all the guy has ever done is achieve.

Posted by MoreShoot on 09/29/13 at 12:30 PM ET

SK77's avatar

Or 2) Abby gets 4th line center duty and Cleary takes his spot on the top line.

Posted by AZWinger on 09/29/13 at 01:29 PM ET

This, most likely.

Posted by SK77 on 09/29/13 at 12:34 PM ET

Crater's avatar

Thats likely why Emmerton hasn’t played well. He was probably informed by Holland weeks ago that this was their intention.  Shame. I liked the kid.

Posted by Crater from SoCal on 09/29/13 at 12:37 PM ET

Tracy from T-Town Hockey 's avatar

I liked the kid too and thought he started out last season being a physical presence with Tootoo on his line but that seemed to taper off as the season went on.  Plus we do have a lot of guys in the pipeline that can play as well if not better than he does now and with more future potential.

Posted by Tracy from T-Town Hockey on 09/29/13 at 12:42 PM ET

As Khan!! notes, with Emmerton waived and Helm on LTIR there’s one more move to make:

Monster - LTIR?
Eaves - LTIR? or
Nyquist - GR

Since Nyquist only has 2 or 3 games left before he has to clear waivers before being demoted it’ll be him. Tootoo will be the 13th forward.

Posted by AZWinger on 09/29/13 at 12:43 PM ET