The Malik Report

Emmerton And Mrazek Sent To Grand Rapids

added 12:02pm, And here come the changes, per Khan tweet,

Wings on ice for practice. Alfredsson skating in third line. Bertuzzi, Samuelsson and Tatar all wearing red as potential top 6 forwards

added 12:15pm, Pleiness tweet,

Samuelsson and Tatar appear to be scratches for Saturday's game with Flyers.

added 12:58pm, Khan tweet,

Wings recalled Luke Glendening from Grand Rapids. He'll center fourth line and make NHL debut tomorrow.

added 1:15pm, via Khan tweet,

Babcock said Tootoo is playing tomorrow, on line with Miller and Glendening.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

Wings have also removed goaltender Jonas Gustavsson from injured reserve.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/11/13 at 12:04 PM ET

Sorry Emmerton. You’re not the most useless player.

Now, to find a way to dump the spare parts and get Nyquist and Tatar in full time.

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 10/11/13 at 12:11 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Khan tweets…

Alfredsson skating on line with Andersson and Cleary.

Weiss skating with Franzen and Abdelkader.

Bertuzzi skating with Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

And Howard took a puck to the shoulder, skated off the ice.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/11/13 at 12:12 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Bertuzzi, Samuelsson and Tatar all wearing red as potential top 6 forwards

I have to say that line made me laugh out loud. I get Tatar, but Sammy? Who’s he replacing, Alfredsson? And who’s Bert replacing, Home Keys?

Of the current top six, the guy who most needs replacing is Weiss. The only time he hasn’t been invisible is when he was making boneheaded passes or losing faceoffs. I know there’s a “getting acquainted” period with a new team, but he looks like he hasn’t left Florida yet.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 10/11/13 at 12:13 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Guess I should have refreshed the page before I hit Submit.

Looks like Babcock still thinks Tatar is a 4th-liner – if he lets him play at all. Very frustrating to watch the kid get treated this way.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 10/11/13 at 12:17 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Another Khan tweet,

Miller, Tootoo, Helm and Eaves rotating on 4th line. Eaves and Helm on long term IR so maybe someone gets called up from GR to center line

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/11/13 at 12:23 PM ET

Paul's avatar

More Khan…

Bertuzzi practicing on 1st PP unit with Datsyuk/Zetterberg up front, Kronwall and Alfredsson at points; 93-90-71; 37-4 on 2nd PP unit.

Howard is back on the ice.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/11/13 at 12:27 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Added to the post, Glendining recalled.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/11/13 at 01:00 PM ET

Well, this is going to solve all problems. Replace 1 guy who plays a couple minutes a game with another one.

Posted by George0211 on 10/11/13 at 01:14 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Khan again,

Babcock said he hasn’t decided who’ll replace Abdelkader on top line. It’s not a demotion for Abdelkader, he’s needed to boost second line.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/11/13 at 01:17 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I have already lost all hope for this season.

It’s apparently going to be the same old nonsense from Babcock and Holland.  Nothing whatsoever learned from last season.

Posted by Primis on 10/11/13 at 01:36 PM ET