The Malik Report

Detroit Red Wings vs. Chicago Blackhawks Western Conference Semi-Finals Schedule

The complete seven game schedule for the Wings/Blackhawks is listed below...

NBC Sports Group will have exclusive coverage of the Conference Semifinals in the United States. CBC, TSN and RDS will provide exclusive coverage throughout Canada.

All times listed are Eastern Time and subject to change.

SERIES "K"                  TIME (ET)   #1 Chicago vs. #7 Detroit                       Networks

Wednesday, May 15      8 p.m.           Detroit at Chicago                                     NBCSN, CBC

Saturday, May 18          1 p.m.           Detroit at Chicago                                     NBC, CBC

Monday, May 20            7:30 p.m.      Chicago at Detroit                                     NBCSN, CBC

Thursday, May 23          8 p.m.           Chicago at Detroit                                     NBCSN, CBC

* Saturday, May 25        TBD              Detroit at Chicago                                     CBC, TBD

* Monday, May 27         TBD              Chicago at Detroit                                     CBC, TBD

* Wednesday, May 29   TBD              Detroit at Chicago                                     CBC, TBD

* If necessary

TBD = To Be Determined

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Figaro's avatar

Ah, that’s where all our 2-day breaks went.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 05/13/13 at 11:05 PM ET

Didn’t the NHL once have a simple, balanced 1 game every other day schedule just a few years ago?

2 east and 2 west series started on the first night of the playoffs, the next night was the other 2 eastern teams and the other 2 western teams. Worked out well for TV scheduling too.

What happened?

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 05/13/13 at 11:07 PM ET

tkfergy's avatar

Well looks like I will only be watching game 4 and possibly game 5 depending on what time it starts… It’s as if the NHL took my work schedule and used it to plan what time and days the games are… And it’s not on FSD so I can’t even watch the replays…

Posted by tkfergy on 05/14/13 at 12:22 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

The dreaded Saturday afternoon time slot.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/14/13 at 07:12 AM ET

TKShreve's avatar

The dreaded Saturday afternoon time slot.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/14/13 at 08:12 AM ET

Rivalry Brunch.

Posted by TKShreve from East Uptown on 05/14/13 at 07:35 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Not only the dreaded Saturday afternoon time, but Game 4 - in Detroit - starts at 8 PM.  So Gary.Ass is catering to the Shitcago “fans” there.  He didn’t cater to us when he scheduled our Game 7 in Anaheim at 10 PM!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/14/13 at 07:36 AM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

The final 3 are on CBC?  That would be fine if Comcrap actually carried their HD signal, but they don’t: they broadcast it in SD.  If you want the CBC HD signal on Comcast, you have to wait until NHLN or NBC picks it up.

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/14/13 at 08:01 AM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/14/13 at 09:01 AM ET

Or stream it.
I actually enjoy matinee games. It gives me an break on yard/house/motorcycle work and I get to meet up with the guys at the local pub. Also, I’ll be able to watch the Wings AND go to the Griffins game.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 05/14/13 at 08:06 AM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Or stream it.

Where do you get a CBC stream?

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/14/13 at 08:18 AM ET

Tony Perkis's avatar

MoreShoot, I use atdhe.eu for streams. I only have AVG, but it says it’s safe. Some feeds aren’t great and you get annoying ads for sports betting, Russian brides, chicks who want to hook-up in your area, etc. So maybe it’s not that safe, but I’m forced to watch a lot of games that way because I’m poor and only have basic cable. It works. You usually can choose home/away feeds.

Posted by Tony Perkis from Drinking at Robert's Lounge with Billy Batts on 05/14/13 at 08:31 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

What happened?

they want the Saturday games for the TV contract, I suppose.  because people love sitting inside on a Saturday afternoon in the spring/summer.  makes perfect sense.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/14/13 at 08:31 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

anyone that needs streams really should go to

dub dub dub
hockeystreams
dot com

seriously.  don’t screw around with 1000 popup ads or potentially unsafe sites.  pony up the $17 and watch a solid, reliable nearly-HD feed…

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/14/13 at 08:32 AM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Where do you get a CBC stream?
Posted by MoreShoot on 05/14/13 at 09:18 AM ET

Paul has the answer

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 05/14/13 at 08:34 AM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/14/13 at 09:32 AM ET

And I can watch Griffins games when they’re on the road.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 05/14/13 at 08:35 AM ET

Tony Perkis's avatar

Yeah thanks Paul. I’d like to but can’t at the moment. I think I suggested it to someone else too and I regretted it after because I can’t verify its safety. Sorry my fault, the illegal way is definitely not safe.

Posted by Tony Perkis from Drinking at Robert's Lounge with Billy Batts on 05/14/13 at 08:37 AM ET

peiz11's avatar

Paul, for some reason I’ve never actually been to the hockeystreams website, that looks absolutely amazing. Would you say it’s pretty reliable? Do you ever run into games not loading for some reason?

Posted by peiz11 from Minneapolis on 05/14/13 at 08:39 AM ET

Figaro's avatar

Then those games go to overtime and get quietly moved to cable, though they won’t tell you it was, because heaven forbid the game cuts into their 4 hours of Horse pre-race coverage.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 05/14/13 at 08:41 AM ET

John W.'s avatar

Having 2, 2 day breaks in a series between Chicago and Detroit when you have no 2 day breaks when it’s Detroit and Anaheim who are 2000 miles apart makes absolutely no sense.

Posted by John W. from a bubble wrap cocoon on 05/14/13 at 02:39 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Whoever loses game one will have to stew an extra day waiting to get back at it.

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/14/13 at 02:46 PM ET

Posted by John W. from a bubble wrap cocoon on 05/14/13 at 03:39 PM ET

The only way that makes any sense is that it’s money talking.  It’s THE NHL premier playoff event so far this playoff year.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/14/13 at 02:53 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

10am start out here on the left coast? Seriously? Tour de France broadcasts are on about the same time in July and they are broadcast live from freaking FRANCE.

And don’t forget the Preakness boys and girls! Good luck getting your DVR to record the entire game if it starts to run long or goes into OT. At that point the broadcast get shifted to BS-NBC, FU-NBC or KMA-NBC.

I figured going up against the Hawks we’d get stuck with Ed Oldouche, but at least we’d get the good time slots. Fuching Islanders should have knocked Cindy and Penises out of the playoffs so NBC and NHL would have to stop fellating them. Hey dipschits in NY, there are 7 other teams still in the playoffs.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/14/13 at 03:06 PM ET