The Malik Report

Detroit Red Wings Reduce Roster By Six

Detroit, MI...The Detroit Red Wings today reduced their training camp roster by six players who were assigned to their respective junior teams. With the moves, Detroit’s training camp roster stands at 59 players.

PLAYERS ASSIGNED ON 9/15/13

No. Player Pos. Sh. Ht. Wt. Birthplace D.O.B. 2012-13 Team
59 Tyler Bertuzzi LW L 6-0 171 Sudbury, ON 2/24/1995 Guelph (OHL)
63 Philippe Hudon RW R 6-1 196 Montreal, QC 4/15/1993 Victoriaville (QMJHL)
85 Kevin Lynch C R 6-1 198 Grosse Pointe, MI 4/23/1991 Michigan (CCHA)
62 Zach Nastasiuk RW R 6-1 191 Barrie, ON 5/30/1995 Owen Sound (OHL)
36 Jake Paterson G L 6-1 183 Mississauga, ON 5/3/1994 Saginaw (OHL)
75 Michal Plutnar D L 6-2 175 Cotebor, Czech Rep. 2/21/1994 Tri-City (WHL)

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

Sorry for the formatting issue, trying to fix it.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/15/13 at 12:41 PM ET

Rondo's avatar

Whats up with Kevin Lynch? I thought he was CBJ property

Posted by Rondo on 09/15/13 at 12:52 PM ET

DrewBehr's avatar

Lynch was signed by the Griffins, so he’s actually just headed there… Not back to U of M, from where he’s already graduated.

Posted by DrewBehr from The Mitten on 09/15/13 at 12:55 PM ET

w2j2's avatar

I saw Tyler Bertuzzi score 2 goals in the 3 on 3 drills today.
The guy can play!

Posted by w2j2 on 09/15/13 at 05:33 PM ET

Colquhoun's avatar

I think Ty is on probation after his ill-advised altercation with Jensen.  Wheter or not he is NHL-ready at this time is doubtful, and a message needed to be sent.

Posted by Colquhoun on 09/15/13 at 09:06 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by Colquhoun on 09/15/13 at 09:06 PM ET

Can we like, move past this?  At some point?  The message was sent to him a long time ago.

Posted by Primis on 09/15/13 at 11:11 PM ET

Colquhoun's avatar

Sure.  I will just spend my time kicking the Dan Cleary move with the rest of ya.

Posted by Colquhoun on 09/16/13 at 01:21 PM ET