The Malik Report

Details of Red Wings’ public sale of Winter Classic tickets slowly emerging

This news comes from Malik Report reader DrewBehr: The Red Wings sent out the following email to members of their Winter Classic website’s ticket list, and it appears that a limited sale of tickets to the general public will be taking place soon. It should be noted that this email sends its recipients to the same pricing chart for both the Winter Classic itself and the Alumni Showdown that season ticket-holders have known about for several months:

image

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

PenguinJuice's avatar

If the Mayans are off, then I shall be there in my Leaf Jersey.

Posted by PenguinJuice on 07/25/12 at 10:46 PM ET

The Mayans were a few hundred years too late. The last of their civilization was ended in 1697.

You’ll do like the rest of us…put the tickets up on stubhub and buy an HDTV with the profits.

Posted by dca from in Mich on 07/25/12 at 11:20 PM ET

yep, 115K seats, and Joe Fan is going to be screwed.

Posted by jsara18 from Rochester Hills on 07/26/12 at 09:42 AM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Well I’m a bit concerned, as I signed-up for ticket alerts on the Winter Classic page but didn’t receive this message…

Posted by TreKronor on 07/26/12 at 12:36 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

I didn’t receive it yet, either, but it should be noted that this person’s last name starts with a B, I’m an M and you’re…down the line as well? I tend to get these messages half a day to a day later than people higher up the alphabetical chain.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 07/26/12 at 12:52 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Well, I’m a P.  I don’t know why I’m getting my hopes up about this - there’s probably no way I’ll end up getting the tickets.  Trying to get the time off from work is going to be a whole other issue as well.

Posted by TreKronor on 07/26/12 at 01:06 PM ET

yeah, I have two tickets to the Winter Classic, they cost me a lot. I’m in sec 12 at the bottom, in the $89 seats. I’m not sure I want to go now, I won’t be able to see anything on the ice. I’m a season ticket holder and was allowed 2 tickets for every seat a buy at the Joe. I was also forced to buy tickets to both of the alumni games and the GLI. If I didn’t buy tickets to those events I could get tickets to the Winter Classic, AND they charged a $60 processing fee on top of all of that. I kept telling myself this is a once in a lifetime thing…but…I don’t know anymore. I am also a U of M football season ticket holder and know where to park for free. I guess there’s that.

Posted by Ben Ku from Ann Arbor on 07/26/12 at 06:44 PM ET

side note..season ticket holders could buy them 6 weeks ago, I also received the above message from the wings as well. If you’re going and need to know when and where to park w/o paying $40, for free, hit me up and I’ll tell you where and how to get there.

Posted by Ben Ku from Ann Arbor on 07/26/12 at 06:47 PM ET