The Malik Report

Derek Meech gets a fresh start at home

It’s not a big signing, but very cool in the former Red Wings department, per TSN’s Darren Dreger:

Derek Meech to Wpg. 2 way contract. $700 (nhl) $105 (ahl)

Meech is from Winnipeg, so he’s going home.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Good luck to him, I hope he can make a go of it.

Posted by Garth on 07/01/11 at 04:42 PM ET

Nathan's avatar

Good deal. I hope he has a good camp and catches on in the 5/6 spot. All things considered, he handled the difficulty of being buried on the Wings depth chart pretty freakin’ well.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 07/01/11 at 04:43 PM ET

Good for him. I hope things turn out better for him there than they did for him in Detroit. He showed was a class act he was throughout.

Posted by RyanVM on 07/01/11 at 04:43 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Good luck Derek!

How does Talbot fit into the Flyers salary structure, if done deal?

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 07/01/11 at 04:47 PM ET

Twig's avatar

nice. gratz, meech.

Posted by Twig from Houston, TX on 07/01/11 at 04:51 PM ET

Crater's avatar

Love the guy. Hope he proves he is NHL worthy and earns himself a solid contract next season.

Posted by Crater from SoCal on 07/01/11 at 04:56 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Goalies disappearing like the Mediocre defensemen.

Budaj and Boucher signed.

Welcome back to Detroit Ty Conklin??  I missed your frank and sarcastic post game interviews.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 07/01/11 at 05:04 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

AAAAHHHHHRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHGGRGRRGRGRGGGHHHHHH !!!!!!

Commodore to Detroit??.????  F No!!!!!!

Say it ain’t so George!

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 07/01/11 at 05:07 PM ET

Baroque's avatar

Great news for Derek Meech. I hope he gets a spot on the Jets.

Posted by Baroque from Michigan on 07/01/11 at 10:14 PM ET