The Malik Report

Datsyuk scores in EA’s NHL 94…Sort of…

This video comes to you through multiple hands...I stumbled upon it via RedWingsFeed, and Sportsline's Brian Stubits saw it via a Tweet from NHL.com's Dave Lozo, but it's worth the effort. NHL.com took Pavel Datsyuk's end-to-end goal against Nashville and de-pixelated it, added some sound effects and turned it into a clip reminiscent of most over-30 hockey fans' favorite game, EA Sports' NHL 94:

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

NIVO's avatar

LOL, awesome find George! I used to play the crap out of that game.

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 03/19/13 at 01:52 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

LOL, awesome find George! I used to play the crap out of that game.

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 03/19/13 at 02:52 PM ET

It’s a classic.

That was pretty good… wonder if they’ll do a “fight” sequence with that Lilja and Weber tilt from a few years ago.

Blood on the ice… heh.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/19/13 at 03:40 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

That was EPIC!!!

Btw, NHL 94 didnt have fighting in it

Posted by Zqto on 03/19/13 at 04:28 PM ET

DrewBehr's avatar

Anyone notice that they gave Gustavvson the number 30 and not 50?

Posted by DrewBehr from The Mitten on 03/20/13 at 01:43 AM ET