The Malik Report

Datsyuk Has “Lots” To Think About His Game

Chuck Pleiness of Red Wings Front with a post-skate update on Datsyuk,

Pavel Datsyuk appears to be getting closer to returning from his lower-body injury.

“Good,” Datsyuk said when asked how he felt. “I can skate now. It’s much better. We’ll see what happens tomorrow. (It’s) not walking up, it’s when I skate. I feel better every day. (I) can’t say anything more.

“It’s much better now,” Datsyuk continued. “(I’m) looking forward to skate tomorrow and it’s day-by-day. (I’ve had) too many injures this season, maybe it’s my age. I also have lots to think about my game.”

more including Ericsson excited to return to tonight.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

I hope he is not thinking about pulling a Rafalski

Posted by George0211 on 01/22/14 at 01:29 PM ET

Paul's avatar

George, or a ‘Kovalchuk’.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/22/14 at 01:30 PM ET

Ericsson excited to return to tonight.

I’m all perky.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 01/22/14 at 01:52 PM ET

Alan's avatar

That doesn’t give me warm and fuzzy ffeelings.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/22/14 at 12:30 PM ET

He has expressed that he wants to play back home before hanging ‘em up.

I understand it, but I would not be happy if he left.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/22/14 at 04:16 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Jesus H Christ, does he have cancer?  This has got to be post concussion stuff from that elbow.  Groin pulls don’t have you re-evaluating your career.  Would explain why they’ve been so mysterious about it too.

Posted by Hootinani on 01/22/14 at 07:15 PM ET

alfrules's avatar

When his knee heals then he will skate

Posted by alfrules on 01/22/14 at 08:44 PM ET