The Malik Report

Danny DeKeyser Will Fly With The Blue Angels

DETROIT – Detroit Red Wings defenseman Danny DeKeyser will ride along with the U.S. Navy’s Blue Angels aerial demonstration team in an F/A-18 Hornet on Tuesday, Sept. 2 at the Selfridge Air National Guard Base in Harrison, Mich.

DeKeyser, along with two high school administrators from the Metro Detroit area, will receive pre-flight briefings throughout the morning, with DeKeyser’s flight set to take off at 1:00 p.m.

The Blue Angels will be flying in a public aerial demonstration during the Selfridge Open House, which will be held from 8:00 a.m. to approximately 4:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 6-7. The demonstration and Open House are free to the public.

Who:               Red Wings defenseman Danny DeKeyser
What:              Ride along with the U.S. Navy Blue Angels in an F/A-18 Hornet
When:             1:00 – 2:00 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 2
Where:            Selfridge Air National Guard Base

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

I saw the Blue Angels for the first time over the Fourth of July weekend up in Traverse City. It’s quite an amazing spectacle.

Posted by Steve in SE MI on 08/28/14 at 10:07 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

How many G’s will it take to get him to sign his contract?

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 08/28/14 at 10:30 AM ET

SnLO's avatar

he better not crash

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 08/28/14 at 11:04 AM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

He can fly with frickin Mary Poppins so long as he signs a contract.

Posted by MoreShoot on 08/28/14 at 11:34 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

The Blue Angels are flying outside of my window right now and it’s super annoying! It could be worse—they could be armed. Whatever it takes to get DDK to sign I guess.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 08/28/14 at 11:48 AM ET

George Malik's avatar

Signing bonus!

I grew up seven miles north of Metro Airport when the main takeoff route was straight up Middlebelt Road, and I found that people either get used to it or hate it. I fell in love with aviation so I thought it was awesome watching the Blue Angels and an F-22 performing over Traverse City from my hotel window.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 08/29/14 at 03:45 AM ET