The Malik Report
by George Malik on 01/16/13 at 10:41 PM ET
Updated with Ticketmaster sale info at 10:35 PM: Fellow Wings fans: the Red Wings have amended their open practice schedule for Thursday, January 16th, and the Wings' PR department was kind enough to let me know how things are going to go:
- All practices for the remainder of training camp are indeed open to the public, will be free to attend and will include free parking.
- Thursday's morning skate, however, will be a very short one--scheduled to take place from 10:30 AM to 10:45 AM--and if you're not keen on going down to the Joe for a 15-minute practice, Fox Sports Detroit will stream the skate at its streaming webpage (clicky for link). Here's what FSD says will air tomorrow and on Friday:
LIVE STREAM: Red Wings Training Camp -- Join us Thursday at 10:30 a.m. and Friday at noon for a LIVE stream from Red Wings training camp at Joe Louis Arena. FOXSportsDetroit.com's Dana Wakiji and Art Regner will provide player interviews and analysis at the conclusion of each practice.
- The Red Wings are still holding a "Jam the Joe" event centered upon their 7 PM to 7:45 PM practice on Thursday evening. In addition to open attendance and free parking, concessions will cost $1, and the Wings will be holding a public skate on Joe Louis Arena's ice from 8 PM until 10 PM. Here is what the Wings' Community Events page says about the open skate:
*Fans must bring their own skates, helmets and pads highly encouraged. Open to the first 500 fans that sign up during the 7 p.m. Open Practice at Joe Louis Arena. Sign up will be located on the concourse by the West Entrance doors. Parking will be free in the Riverfront lot and concessions will be sold for $1. Concessions available for $1 include: hot dogs, popcorn, nachos & cheese, ice cream sandwiches, potato chips, muffins, 32 oz soda, coffee/hot chocolate and bottled water.
- On Friday, January 18th, the Red Wings will hold their final practice of training camp, and it will take place at 12 PM.
- The Wings are flying to St. Louis afterward to begin the season against the Blues on Saturday at 8 PM EST, and Fox Sports Detroit will air a one-hour season preview show before the game.
- The Wings are also holding a 36-hour event in which any tickets purchased online from Ticketmaster will not be charged any of those pesky "convenience" or "service" fees, and I believe that starts at 10 AM Thursday;
- And $9 tickets for all of the team's 24 home games will go on sale on an in-person basis at Joe Louis Arena's box office on Saturday, January 19th at 12 PM.
Update: Here are the details of that Ticketmaster "fee free" prgram, per the Red Wings' Facebook page...
Fans, don't forget that starting tomorrow at 1 PM you can purchase FEE FREE single game tickets for any of our 24 games at The Joe as part of our "Thanks for Sticking with Us" initiative.
Full season ticket packages as well as 6 and 12 Game Plans are on sale now. For more information, call 313-396-7575 or visit DetroitRedWings.com or Ticketmaster.com.
The Red Wings are also engaging in a ticket giveaway promotion with WRIF's Meltdown, and if you're interested in the in-person $9 ticket sale, DetroitRedWings.com's John Hahn offers the details thereof:
The Detroit Red Wings will once again afford fans the opportunity to attend a home game for the low price of just $9 a seat this season. These specially-priced tickets for all 2012-13 home games will go on sale this coming Saturday, January 19 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) at the Joe Louis Arena Box Office only. Fans electing to take advantage of this offer will be able to purchase a maximum of four (4) tickets to a maximum of four (4) games while quantities last.
Tim Hortons Restaurants will be providing JLA patrons with complimentary refreshments on Saturday, while special highlights from recent Red Wings history will be shown on arena television monitors throughout the day (doors open at 9:00 a.m.). Fans entering the building will be given numbered wristbands that will determine the order in which tickets are purchased once the on-sale begins.
Full season ticket packages as well as 6 & 12 Game Plans are currently available for purchase. More information on Red Wings ticketing options can be obtained by calling the team’s Sales & Service Department at (313) 396-7575.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About The Malik Report
The Malik Report is a destination for all things Red Wings-related. I offer biased, perhaps unprofessional-at-times and verbose coverage of my favorite team, their prospects and developmental affiliates. I've joined the Kukla's Korner family with five years of blogging under my belt, and I hope you'll find almost everything you need to follow your Red Wings at a place where all opinions are created equal and we're all friends, talking about hockey and the team we love to follow.