The Malik Report

Change In TMR Game Time Coverage Tonight

Tonight there is a slight change to the traditional line up here on The Malik Report as George wont be joining us tonight.

George will not be covering tonight's Red Wings game vs. the Phoenix Coyotes and I will be stepping in.  For those that do not know me my name is Monica and I have been a freelance hockey writer since 2009. Over the summer Paul and I talked and I decided to join the crew here at Kukla's Korner and have been slowly making my name here.

Typically I wont be covering the Red Wings as a beat writer as that job is very securely in Malik's hands.  I will be covering the National Hockey League as a whole complete with East and West Coast bias, Bias for European players, Canadian players, and of coarse American players.  My bias is not limited to just the Original Six but to any and all expansion teams including those in the sun belt.

I wont become a fixture here on TMR but else where within KK.

As October goes on I look to become more prominent as I will be done with my marathon training.  For those just reading anything by me for the first time (and if you do not follow me on Twitter @MonicaMcAlister) I am running the International Half of the Detroit Marathon to raise awareness and money for the American Special Hockey Association.  You can check out my page on that if you wish.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink
  Tags: detroit+red+wings, game+time+coverage, phoenix+coyotes

Comments

Savage Henry's avatar

Welcome!

Posted by Savage Henry on 10/10/13 at 05:01 PM ET

cowboycoffee's avatar

always love reading your work, Monica!

Posted by cowboycoffee from San Francisco, CA on 10/10/13 at 07:25 PM ET

Savage Henry's avatar

Anybody have success loading those streams?  They’re giving me a ‘format not recognized’ error message.

Posted by Savage Henry on 10/10/13 at 07:44 PM ET

Savage Henry's avatar

Never mind.  Needed updated version of VLC

Posted by Savage Henry on 10/10/13 at 07:47 PM ET

Itrusteddrrahmani's avatar

Monica, you do a great daily review and I love reading it in the morning to catch up. Thanks for the hard work.

Posted by Itrusteddrrahmani from Nyc by way of A2 on 10/10/13 at 08:50 PM ET

Monica McAlister's avatar

Thanks all!

Tonight I had some tech issues as midway thru the third my laptop decided it would be funny to make me re write my entire piece I had been working on during the game. Oh well! That is over!

Wont have a morning skate piece tomorrow as it is homecoming for the kids and I just don’t have the time to re cap all the games from tonight before turning back into PTO mom.

After the marathon on the 20th I’ll have much more flexibility with my schedule as I wont be running 5-13 miles a day.

Posted by Monica McAlister from Michigan on 10/10/13 at 10:35 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

MY VCR is on the fritz so I will watch the condensed Wings-Yotes game on FSD and comment thereafter. Wedding rehearsal was exhausting.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 10/11/13 at 12:40 AM ET