The Malik Report

Can You Say 23 In A Row At Home?

Paul subbing for George…

Not much to say except this win streak sure is fun.

Next home game is Thursday against the Vancouver Canucks (Detroit in Chicago on Tuesday) so another tough opponent.

But we will worry about that when the time comes.  In the meantime, game highlights will be added below.

Zetterberg put the Wings up 1-0 with a backhand shot.

Game Highlights

The Controversial San Jose Goal

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

MsRedWinger's avatar

Paul, it’s great of you to keep up the posting here and at A2Y.

23 was sweet, but made even sweeter because the Wings beat the Snarks AND the Zebras.  Great, gritty win with everything stacked against them.

Now on to beating L’il Bro on Tuesday.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/19/12 at 06:30 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

You aren’t lying.  Made all the iffy/non existent ones and missed all the no brainers.  Sharks barely hung on by highsticking and tripping their way through the game.

Keep making it hard though, makes the team better.  The swagger’s back in full force and we have a legit grind line again that can defrib the team when needed and chip in offense more consistantly than other teams 3rd line.. and they can shut down top lines.

I’m digging what’s going on in Motown

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/19/12 at 07:08 PM ET

I still don’t want to see the Wings play San Jose due to their size, but a win over your playoff foe the last two years can only help. By the way, any comments on Datsyuk’s status in the players’ poll?

Hope you’re back soon, George.

Posted by Bugsy on 02/19/12 at 07:42 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Bugsy, I noticed what you’re talking about.  Seemed a good part of the time the Wings were doing everything not to draw the wrath of the sharks.  Instead of taking it to them.  I also think if you put Commie in there the team really takes on a physical edge to their game.  I think he’d be a good equalizer in terms of laying booms and playing physical.  I’m so tired of seeing Kindl not use his size.  If he’s going to make stupid turnovers and get out of position, you have to be able to do SOMETHING useful.  Make it tough on forwards to grind on your side.  I noticed all game they were throwing it his way on dump ins.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/19/12 at 08:34 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

I haven’t looked back through the blogs….but wasn’t there another guy we were ranting about this exact same thing a few years back?  And a couple years back? And a year back….and this year…

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/20/12 at 12:53 AM ET

I’ve stopped thinking of the streak by the #, and now think of each win by the player’s #.  E.g. This win was Stuart, the next is Chelios, then McCarty, followed by Hudler.

#27 Aaron Ward
#28 Rafalski How fitting would it be to get to 28?
#29 Jason Williams
#30 Ozzy
#31 Joey Mac who deserves HUUUGE recognition filling in for Jimmeh Howard.
#32 Grimson

and in closing…Drew Miller needs to be elevated.  As it is he’s in the running for best value (Salary per point) in the league.

Posted by BobaFett from Las Vegas on 02/20/12 at 01:53 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 02/19/12 at 10:53 PM ET

Yes, however, I’m not talking about E.  I’m talking about a tactical exploit the other team used based on a deficiency on our team.  That deficiency was Kindl.  He started off good and I’ve been a huge fan since he was in AHL.  I think he’ll end up like Kyle Quincey and dont’ want to lose him, I want thim to calm down and play better.  If that means watching from the press box in and out til the playoffs, that’s fine with me, but you can’t tell me Babs would rather have Kindl in over Commie if the playoffs started tomorrow.

The fact we’re still looking for depth on defence says it all, that even Kenny Holland see’s what we’re seeing in Kindl since it’s not E that’s in on the rotation (even though at time’s he should’ve been)

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/20/12 at 12:35 PM ET