The Malik Report

Babcock Not Happy With 3rd And 4th Lines

Paul for George…

Saturday breaks down like this… Nashville gets one point in Colorado, they are the 4th seed, Wings get two points and Nashville losses in regulation, Wings get 4th seedn, Nashville 5th.  Chicago beats Detroit in regulation, Chicago finishes 5th, Wings 6th.

Wings and Chicago are tied in ROW and 2nd tie-breaker is head to head points, and Chicago would win that.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

And I want names not just “they need to be fired”.

Gerard Gallant
Bob Boughner
Mike Haviland

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/06/12 at 03:51 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

And I want names not just “they need to be fired”.

And Barry Smith. He’s currently working for Scotty in Chicago.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/06/12 at 03:57 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I bet Barry can fix the PP

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/06/12 at 04:01 PM ET

I bet Barry can fix the PP

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 04/06/12 at 03:01 PM ET

Beautiful in its’ simplicity.

Posted by godblender on 04/06/12 at 04:40 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Would Barry Smith leave Scotty’s side for Babcock’s side?

Still, I’m not as worried about the PP as I am the PK. Team Defense has been vastly improved this year, yet the PK is still crap. That’s…bothersome.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 04/06/12 at 04:48 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Would Barry Smith leave Scotty’s side for Babcock’s side?
Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 04/06/12 at 03:48 PM ET

No, but I bet he would be happy to replace Babcock.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/06/12 at 05:03 PM ET

Holland has operated under the premise that he will not over pay for goaltending since forever.

There’s a difference between not overpaying for goaltending and signing a washed-up goalie.

Posted by Garth on 04/06/12 at 07:27 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

I bet Barry can fix the PP

Can you email that to Vigneault?  He’s got Edler doing this “don’t move your feet while taking 5 seconds to tee it up” thing that may not be working.

how rough it is playing hockey, then flying, while trying to overcome nagging injuries
....And then getting in somewhere at 3am.  If my boys hadn’t lost to Nashville in game 5 and had to fly all the way back down South, the cup would be ours.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 04/06/12 at 07:28 PM ET

Still, I’m not as worried about the PP as I am the PK.

I am.

Not only can they not score but they’ve also given up the third most short-handed goals in the league.  That’s a HUGE problem.

Posted by Garth on 04/06/12 at 07:28 PM ET

In yesterday’s game Chicago showed no intention of vying for 5th spot, so expect more of the same tomorrow. They will not roll over but at the same time they will not be trying to win in regulation. Expect the game to go into OT.

So, this is my prediction for playoff match-ups and results:

Vancouver (1) - San Jose (8)    Van in 6
St Louis (2) - Los Angeles (7)  St. Louis in 6
Phoenix (3) - Chicago (6)        Phoenix in 7
Nashville (4) - Detroit (5)        Nashville in 6

I’m a RW fan, but also a realist.

And there are 30 teams in NHL.

Posted by Alex on 04/07/12 at 12:44 AM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

In a perfect world,

Vancouver (1) - San Jose (8)  Van in 4
St Louis (2) - Los Angeles (7)  LA in 7
Phoenix (3) - Chicago (6)      Chicago in 7
Nashville (4) - Detroit (5)        Detroit in 7

VAN - LA :  VAN in 4
DET - CHI:  DET in 7

and may the awesomest team win.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 04/07/12 at 01:10 AM ET

« Previous        < 1 2