The Malik Report

Babcock Had Thoughts Of Canceling The Outdoor Practice

from Chuck Pleiness of Red Wings Front,

With the Wings slumping of late, going 0-4-2 in their last six, Babcock had thought about cancelling this outdoor activity.

“When you plan it initially it’s just part of your team building process you go through with your team,” Babcock said. “We’re having a family thing here after for guys that want to use it. After last night’s game I was going to cancel it to be honest with you because we had fans coming we didn’t. It’s always good not to react to those situations. It was good, we had a good practice, a good meeting, we have to get things right.”

The Wings, who lost 5-2 to Anaheim on Tuesday, host Calgary on Thursday.

“You try to do enough team building throughout the year to change things up to break up the monotony,” Babcock said. “It’s always fun to be outside. It’s something special. When I walked out a Wrigley (Field) that’s what it felt like walking out there today.”

more on the Wings including Abdelkader talking about his health...

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Red Winger's avatar

Wonder if he can cancel last night’s game

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 12/18/13 at 03:41 PM ET

Wonder if he can cancel last night’s game

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 12/18/13 at 02:41 PM ET

He tried, Bettman said no and then took Nyquist away

Posted by George0211 on 12/18/13 at 03:48 PM ET

Ask again and Bettman will instruct the officials to take goals away from the Wings…...oh wait…..never mind.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/18/13 at 03:54 PM ET

Jennemy of the Skate's avatar

Wonder if he can cancel last night’s game

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 12/18/13 at 02:41 PM ET

This.

Posted by Jennemy of the Skate from the bar car on the stress train on 12/18/13 at 04:09 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Posted by George0211 on 12/18/13 at 02:48 PM ET

The team played like the game was cancelled. I think you’re on to something…

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 12/18/13 at 04:41 PM ET